navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 78012 times)
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 09:27:48 AM »

See also previous threads at:
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24584.0.html
and
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21415.0.html
for previous posts on this on-going saga.
I have locked the above previous two in an attempt to keep things simpler  whistlie
May be better to merge them at some point later.
Antman
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:30:58 AM by Antman » Logged

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
Iain

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »

Hi all

Slight update.
Phoned yesterday to see where my April payment was.
Now we are actually on the new system.
I had to give new readings as they weren't allowed to input the old ones. So I gave the new readings and was told the money would be in the bank in 2 - 3 working days.
From now on I just give the readings every 3 months and should be paid within 3 days.
They are then going to integrate the accounts with the standard Gas/ Electric accounts (if you have gas and electric with them) and you should be able to input the readings direct to the on line account.

Fingers crossed,will wait and see if it works.
Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
davec

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 10:28:38 PM »

They are then going to integrate the accounts with the standard Gas/ Electric accounts (if you have gas and electric with them) and you should be able to input the readings direct to the on line account.

Yep, I called the Perth office a couple of weeks ago wondering why I was being eMailed for readings on an account number I'd never heard of... "that'll be your new FIT account that direct-credits your bank". Cool, I pressed the "Submit your quick reading" button and gave it the postcode.... a long pause showing "Waiting for sse.co.uk", followed by "This page cannot be displayed".

Ho Hum, I sent the generation readings in through the original web-thingie that wants you to enter everything except your shoe-size, (now running off a URL called beta.sse.co.uk - reassuring, not)

Just received another eMail asking for the same readings again... and, yes, it's still "Waiting for sse.co.uk"... Ho Hum...
skyewright

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »

Yep, I called the Perth office a couple of weeks ago wondering why I was being eMailed for readings on an account number I'd never heard of... "that'll be your new FIT account that direct-credits your bank". Cool, I pressed the "Submit your quick reading" button and gave it the postcode.... a long pause showing "Waiting for sse.co.uk", followed by "This page cannot be displayed".
We already have 2 non-PV related meters (domestic & economy) & I haven't been able to use their website to submit readings for those for years. In the place where I think there should probably be a data entry box there's just a "exclamation mark in a red circle" image!

On the PV side, I submitted April readings, with extra readings for the end of March,  by e-mail as usual on 1st May & received the usual acknowledgement. Nothing in the bank yet, but it would be a record if there was.

I've not received any e-mail or postal mail from SSE about the changes since the "We are changing it all, but it will take a while" letter of 28th November.

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
djs63

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »

No, nothing yet on 2 FITs systems (wind & PV). Submitted by web on April 1st along with shoe size etc..

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
ProDave

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »

Okay, under the "old" system I was due to submit a reading tonight (I probably still will)

Yesterday a letter came from SSE telling me to submit a reading on 19th July (So I will submit one then as well)

Should I wast my time with a reading tonight? after all that's what I would have done if the letter hadn't arrived until Monday?

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
john999boy

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »

Yesterday a letter came from SSE telling me to submit a reading on 19th July (So I will submit one then as well)
Doesn't it seem odd that they want a mid month submission instead of an end of month one?

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
Iain

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »

Hi

Well I received a cheque, again. SSE have it on their system that I want to be paid by BACS but for the last 3 periods they have sent a cheque, they can't give a reason and don't know why. Cheque arrived after 10 days (bank holiday in the middle ) So at leasts payments are quicker although I would prefer BACS payment.
My dates are now on the 20th of the various months. They said it should tie in with the billing rota for the Gas / Electric account.

I gave them the 31st March readings for the rate change but in the calculation it was not used. I phoned them and they said there was no facility in the new system for intermediate readings!! so it was calculated pro rata(in their favour of course.)
It was only a small difference but if it is happening to everyone it all adds up.(they said the Pro Rata calculation would get better over time,  for me or them??)
They are recalculating mine and will re issue a statement.
I suppose I might just go back to my original dates (when it is all on line) and just see what happens,Mar,June,Sept & Dec

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
skyewright

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »

Doesn't it seem odd that they want a mid month submission instead of an end of month one?
Depends on what dates others get? It could be that they are giving people dates throughout the month(s) to deliberately spreading the load more evenly?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Pat_

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 02:45:39 PM »

It would make sense to spread the load. My new date is the 17th June. Anyone else with data?
Stig

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »

Yep, I recently got a statement (for zero as I hadn't submitted a reading as they'd said not to) saying my next reading should be submitted on the 18th August.  I'll also submit one tonight as they say if it's within 14 days of the statement I'll still get paid.

Looks like I'm on 18th February, May, August, November from now on.
davec

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

Just received another eMail asking for the same readings again...

Further to this, I spoke to the nice folk at the SSE FITs centre in Wales and it seems that those eMail requests I received for self-read could have somehow 'escaped' from their beta test system... it's not supposed to be 'live' software yet. They took a verbal generation reading and I see there's now a direct credit in my account, dated 28-may.

So... it looks like they've just about got the system in place to run the FITs readings through a separate account number in their standard read/billing system and then manage the payments as reverse direct-debits into customer accounts. Although I liked the original idea of the FITs coming in as a balancing credit to my existing SSE 'import' account, this is a cleaner system in many respects and should work well for most classes of customer.
skyewright

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »

Given the comments on here I just phoned to query that I'd not seen anything from my readings submitted 1st May. Usual story, i.e. the earlier readings haven't got into the system, can you give us a fresh reading, we'll pay on that, then you should receive a letter within a few days giving the new schedule...

They weren't interested in the March 31st data, so the change in tariff will be handled pro-rata, which as has often been pointed out is bound to mean a slightly lower payment given the ramp up in production during Spring.

Oh well, here's hoping for a smooth working new system...

Regards
David
rhodgie

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »

I'd started another thread on this cause didn't see this one.....  banghead sorry

Anyway my letter to change from end of may to end of July came in and when I phoned last week to check they said yes it was going to be a 5 month "quarter"?

So I phoned my regular figures in today (that money is earmarked to fix my bike!) and when asked if I'd received a letter I played dumb and said yes but thought that was bringing August forward so only a 2 month "quarter"? Anyway took my figures and said money will be paid shortly  extrahappy

Also not interested in end of march figures for the increase as computer will calculate it pro rata, could not give me a figure today as it'll get calculated overnight so phone back tomorrow which I will do to check I'm not being short changed....  I don't care if I'm only losing a penny or two it's the principle that they'll be doing that to everyone and all our little pennies turn into a big bonus for the bosses....

3.99kWp  21 x 190w "Antaris M190",  Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-UK South facing, Cumbernauld G68
Wickham

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »

I used to have to send readings at end of January, April, July and October. They told me not to send a reading at the end of Jan, but in late February, which I did.

Then as I had no further instruction I sent a reading at the end of April which hasn't been paid - yet.

Now I have a letter to send a reading after 26th June, so they have delayed payment again, this time by two months.

I don't want payments set against my import bills as in summer I would never get the money as it would just build up a credit in my account. In fact, my import and FIT annual totals are similar, so I might end up continually building up a credit annually.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: