navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 84741 times)
Fintray

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:39 AM »

My reading was due on 12 November so I sent it in the next morning at 0630hrs, a couple of days later I got a statement. The statement read I have a zero generation reading! So phones them up and find out that the system does an automatic statement print out the day after your reading due date but the guy did the calculation and the figure was what I was expecting. On about the 20th a statement appeared with the correct amount and this was in my bank account on the 30th, so much better than previous.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
burble61

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2015, 05:25:27 PM »

Re comment re getting long overdue payments out of SSE - similar to others I had problems, and whilst the FITS bureau staff were helpful, SSE's processes and systems were a major source of corporate constipation.

Eventually got the situation addressed by asking for it to be raised as a formal complaint, which seemed to get a separate escalation team involved. Suspect they had plenty of work to do but certainly the individual I dealt with did what they said they were going to do, called when they said they were going to & got it resolved in a couple days.

Worked on a standard electricity bill problem too, so SSE have trained me to "escalate early".

Lets see what happens on the first "new system" submission in new year...
djh

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »

Eventually got the situation addressed by asking for it to be raised as a formal complaint, which seemed to get a separate escalation team involved.

I tried escalating mine twice - they never replied! So now it's with the Ombudsman.

Cheers, Dave
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »

I submitted my meter readings to SSE on 30th September as normal.

I have just got a FIT statement (dated 27th November) that ignores the readings I sent, but states Next Meter Reading Due on 23rd October. I had no previous communication from SSE to indicate any change of meter reading date.

As my time machine is currently non-operational (one of the tubes in the flux capacitor is blown) I have just submitted new meter readings as of today's date.

Will have to wait and see what happens next.

Volunteer moderator
skyewright

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »

I have just got a FIT statement (dated 27th November) that ignores the readings I sent, but states Next Meter Reading Due on 23rd October.
I've not received anything related to my reading of 30th October (the date it was next due, & I'd not been advised otherwise), but I did receive a nil ststement to 28th October, which (with my added emphasis) states "Your next FIT meter reading is due 29 January 2016. Please provide us with your meter reading on or shortly before this date".

"On or before"!? What a strange way of going about things...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
skyewright

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2015, 02:02:13 PM »

I've not received anything related to my reading of 30th October (the date it was next due, & I'd not been advised otherwise), but I did receive a nil ststement to 28th October
Still nothing so I just rang up.

The payment had been entered into the system, but not "processed". No explanation was available (but the guy at the call centre didn't seem in the least surprised). As soon as he'd checked the figures with me, he proceeded to "process" the payment. The system came up with some sort of "exception", which he just over rode (no idea if it was connected with the readings, or just that their system couldn't cope at that moment, he didn't offer any explanation). After 2 or 3 goes the payment "went through" and we should now see it in our bank within ~2 weeks...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Pat_

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »

Last quarter I forgot to do a reading so they sent me a zero statement and said when the next reading was. I did a quick reading and got paid. This quarter I also forgot, but got a statement for what they owed, based on a reading from their meter reader. Maybe they will do readings in future but I'm guessing this was a lucky coincidence, as I don't think they read every quarter.
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »

The last SSE meter reading (just after I had sent in my October PV reading) the meter reader also noted the generation meter reading and said they would be doing so every 6 months from now on.
I still intend to submit a reading on 31 March as I always have as that logs the actual reading when the tariffs change. I saves assumptions being made that inevitably might not be in my favour  Smiley

I gather that there are a few people that had been wildly mis-reading their meters to gain an income higher than generated! Hence the future routine verification of readings.

My last statement also requested next reading to be submitted on or before 27th Jan 16 - so presumably the interim readings/payments remain as was - although annoyingly not aligned with end-of-month readings I normally log.

On the subject of assumed figures, B.Gas once again sent their 'annual statement' based on an estimated reading for November that was significantly higher than actual consumption - thus allowing them to put up the monthly DD. This also happened last year.
I submitted the actual reading online which brought the DD down by 20 on the corrected statement that arrived a few days later. It seems they attempt to artificially increase profits by taking way more than they deserve to maintain an account surplus at the end of the year; that is unless you keep 'on the ball'.
I would rather do PAYG (as I do with SSE) except the current cheapest tariff estimates it will cost another 40+ pa if not paid by fixed monthly DD.

Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
skyewright

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »

The payment had been entered into the system, but not "processed". No explanation was available (but the guy at the call centre didn't seem in the least surprised). As soon as he'd checked the figures with me, he proceeded to "process" the payment. The system came up with some sort of "exception", which he just over rode (no idea if it was connected with the readings, or just that their system couldn't cope at that moment, he didn't offer any explanation). After 2 or 3 goes the payment "went through" and we should now see it in our bank within ~2 weeks...
On the 21st of December their system printed and posted a cheque!

That's the 3rd time in a row they have issued a cheque instead of paying direct to the bank (as they'd done successfully for almost 5 years prior to this)!  fume

The nearest bank that's open 5 days a week is 40 miles away, so if I receive a cheque in the post it will almost inevitably end up going back in the post, then through clearing before it's available in our bank.

I'd almost wonder if it wasn't done on purpose to delay the money leaving their bank, but the cost of producing & posting the cheque is probably sufficiently greater than doing a direct payment to cancel out any benefit, so it's just as likely c**k up as conspiracy!

Regards
David
Drawmer

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2016, 08:48:20 AM »

Still not on the 'new' system. Sent readings in by email for end Dec and requested a calculation explanation as SSE have not issued me with any payment calcs automatically since 2013.
Received a reply email with manual calculations last week, and payment today (20 days).

It was in June last year that I received an explanation of how I was being migrated to the new system - hasn't happened yet then.
I was told that the meter reader would also read the generation meter, but he doesn't yet.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
skyewright

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:20 AM »

I was told that the meter reader would also read the generation meter, but he doesn't yet.
Our "normal" meter reader only visits twice a year (at most), & not in anyway related to FIT quarters. On the (quite a few now over the last 5 years) occasions when our TGM has been read it's been a a separate visit. Obviously it would make more sense for the "normal" reader to note the TGM too for validation purposes, but it's hard to see what use it would be for FIT quarters?

Regards
David
Wickham

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2016, 12:13:28 PM »

I think SSE are gradually getting things sorted. My meter reader has always come in the third week of March and September.

Last year he read the PV meter as well as the house meter and the reading was used for payment. I had been asked to provide a PV reading about that time.

I was then asked to provide a PV reading on or before 22nd December - ie quarterly in sync with March and September.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
Iain

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »

Hi
I am with SSE. They just read the PV Total gen meter, which is in an awkward place inside the house. Just thinking of moving it outside so it can be read with the other meters, will make life a lot easier, I think he said they would be round every 6 months. I didn't realise some people had been upping their readings to get more money so I can see why it is being read more often. I have always been surprised that it didn't have to be outside from the start.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
marshman

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

I think SSE are gradually getting things sorted. My meter reader has always come in the third week of March and September.

Last year he read the PV meter as well as the house meter and the reading was used for payment. I had been asked to provide a PV reading about that time.

I was then asked to provide a PV reading on or before 22nd December - ie quarterly in sync with March and September.

I think you are right. Last time they read the main meter the man asked to read the TGM as well. Also my last payment was in the bank 3 days after I got my last statement, yes I did get a statement!  Only thing was it was wrong (can't have everything I suppose) as they "estimated" it and ignored my online submission. So several phone calls later a new statement was issued and again payment in the bank within a few days. Next time I will phone the meter reading through 2 days before the required date and maybe it will go through smoothly, never had an online or email reading work without chasing up with a phone call.

Scottish Power who my other system is with paid the money in the bank after the usual 21 days - their system is consistent and easy and has been for the last four years.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
skyewright

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:06 PM »

A move to syncing with the main meter reading is a distinct possibility.

We're supposed to submit the next reading by 29th January & we usually see the 'normal' meter reader about the end of January. I hadn't noticed the coincidence as we were previously on a FIT cycle that required an end of January reading.

Regards
David
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: