navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 79288 times)
marshman

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2016, 03:52:22 PM »

I was then asked to provide a PV reading on or before 22nd December - ie quarterly in sync with March and September.
A move to syncing with the main meter reading is a distinct possibility.

We're supposed to submit the next reading by 29th January & we usually see the 'normal' meter reader about the end of January. I hadn't noticed the coincidence as we were previously on a FIT cycle that required an end of January reading.

Oh yes, just realised that when the meter reader came in September it was the day after my FiT reading was due, (8th iirc)

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
skyewright

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »

I did receive a nil statement to 28th October, which (with my added emphasis) states "Your next FIT meter reading is due 29 January 2016. Please provide us with your meter reading on or shortly before this date".

"On or before"!? What a strange way of going about things...
Okay, so I've just submitted readings taken after close of play yesterday (26th January), by phone. Because I have an export meter they wanted the "normal" meter reading too (fortunately I had that to hand); apparently this is some anomaly of the new system if you have a combined import/export meter?

I've also (probably) discovered why I've had a cheque this last 3 times, and why I've needed to chase up. Apparently the system can't handle taking bank details and calculating a payment on the same day; if that's done the system decides that the situation isn't clear and does nothing! That is however what's happened on each of the last 3 occasions, as a result of which they have no bank details on the FIT account (even though they've been given them 3 times) and I've had 3 cheques, even though I've asked for payment to the bank on each occasion! Weird! The guy at the call centre suggests that I phone in on the day I receive the cheque and set up the bank details then so they will be ready for next time.

Time will tell...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
regen

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »

Having now been given a date to send in the FIT reading on a quarterly basis i thought perhaps things would run smoothly now. However a meter reader turned up to read the FIT meter yesterday and also insisted on reading the normal meter as well in spite of the fact I migrated to another provider over a year ago!

Despite my protest he still took it so i can may be expect a bloody great bill from these clowns followed by yet another discussion.

Regen   

3.92w freestanding PV with sb3300 +Imersun
21kw Stratford T70 woodburner
 300litre thermalstore with 3kw and 1kw immersions
 Wall star 25kw oil boiler
  Spring water supply with uv and ro membrane
 Sheep, poly tunnel and approx 80 sq m of raised veg beds.
ProDave

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »

I sent my quarterly reading a couple of weeks back. Then a cheque for 6 arrived. Now I know the winter quarter is poor but.....

So I phoned to query it.

It turns out that 6 days after I sent the last reading in October, the meter reader came and physically read the generation meter. It was THAT reading they had used to calculate my winter quarter payment, not the one I sent in January.

All corrected now but it gets tiring dealing with someone so clearly incompetent.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2016, 07:43:56 PM »

I've just had a statement with zero payment. The reading I submitted last November has vanished and no payment. The meter reading on the statement is the one I gave them last June.

I have just submitted a reading for today. Waiting to see how they handle it before possibly moving my FiT somewhere else.

Volunteer moderator
paul149

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »

""possibly moving my FiT somewhere else.""
FYI I have had a faultless fit contract wth GoodEnergy since November 2011 and can't recommend them enough, One only possible niggle is that you have to wait the regulatory six weeks from sending reading to receiving payment (but I guess that this is in the contract but the bigger players can pay up sooner with their (our) own funds)

Paul m.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:53:11 PM by paul149 » Logged

3.5 kWp (14 x Sanyo H250E01 + SB3000TL) 225' (SW) at 35' Pitch Lat 51.30' (Bristol) Installed cost 2.63/Wp (Nov 2011) now with solarimmersion and 250L unvented dhw (Almost Zero gas input for DHW from Apr to mid Sep)
burble61

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2016, 05:54:10 PM »

Just had the same experience as Ted. Recently submitted readings via SSE's webform had disappeared and statement only had prior readings - but it was so unclear it took some time to work that out. Called the readings in, agent was very helpful, statement & cheque arrived 2 days later. She also prompted me to take readings for April 1st when the rates change.

Will call the readings in next time - but doesn't seem very efficient at all. When our fixed rate expires in May I shall definitely look at the new independent suppliers. Prompted by Marshmans post I tested some out - quite a saving in our situations.

When we were with Ecotricity their FITS admin was very efficient - they were very open about waiting for payments in from others before they paid out.
marshman

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2016, 09:00:14 PM »

Just had the same experience as Ted. Recently submitted readings via SSE's webform had disappeared and statement only had prior readings - but it was so unclear it took some time to work that out. Called the readings in, agent was very helpful, statement & cheque arrived 2 days later. She also prompted me to take readings for April 1st when the rates change.

Will call the readings in next time - but doesn't seem very efficient at all. When our fixed rate expires in May I shall definitely look at the new independent suppliers. Prompted by Marshmans post I tested some out - quite a saving in our situations.

When we were with Ecotricity their FITS admin was very efficient - they were very open about waiting for payments in from others before they paid out.

As far as I know you don't have to keep your FiTs with the same company that supplies your electric. There are some issues if you use one of the big six for supply and another of the big six for FiTs but other than that they are separate contracts.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
djs63

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »

I successfully (?) used their second FiTs  reading web system to send PV plus export (from SSE's installed main electric meter) and wind readings and received acknowledging emails in 24 hours.The first web system is still up on the web.

In the past submitting 2 readings (PV and wind) caused chaos. This is the first time that I have not had to ring up and give readings verbally. Fingers crossed that I get paid!  tumble

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
skyewright

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »

She also prompted me to take readings for April 1st when the rates change.
Did she say you should phone them in at that time, or can the new system still handle being given two sets of readings when the next quarter ends?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
burble61

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »

She also prompted me to take readings for April 1st when the rates change.
Did she say you should phone them in at that time, or can the new system still handle being given two sets of readings when the next quarter ends?

Ah sorry I didn't give the full story.....she said take the read on April 1st, but don't call then, just let them know at the next scheduled reading time (which is a few weeks later for us). They would then be used as the basis of the payment across the rate change. Wonder if it will work out like that simply Huh

Re Marshmans point - yes, I do vaguely recall it was possible to split main energy retailer from FITS provider. Only reason i've kept them the same as I arranged for FITS payments to go straight into the main levy account and reduce the standing order (due to being on the "pre-2009 early adopter penalty rate"  laugh).  Unfortunately, SSE no longer have the option to pay FITS direct into their energy accounts. Thats progress...

Burble
skyewright

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »

Ah sorry I didn't give the full story.....she said take the read on April 1st, but don't call then, just let them know at the next scheduled reading time (which is a few weeks later for us). They would then be used as the basis of the payment across the rate change. Wonder if it will work out like that simply Huh
Well, the old system could manage. However since the new system is totally separate, it's probably again a matter of time will tell...

Regards
David
skyewright

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »

Time will tell...
Less than a week later, the cheque and statement (separate envelopes) have arrived. The statement & cheque both correspond to expectations. Well done!

All I need now is to get them paying direct to the bank...  Grin

Regards
David
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »

Looks like they've sorted the process.
Submitted reading 25/01/16. Bank credited 10/02/16  Shocked  Smiley
I still got the zero statement letter a few days before but I suspect this is used a reminder to submit your reading on time if you want payment in that quarter (maybe).
Mine's set up on my Thunderbird recurrent tasks list anyway  Grin
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »

I received a cheque in the post today for reading submitted on 30th Jan.

Volunteer moderator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: