navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 79287 times)
djs63

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »

I used their web system separately for wind and PV on Jan 23 and was paid by ban transfer within 2 weeks and received statements 2 days ago by post! Thus the system is looking better.

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
Iain

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »

Hi
Phoned readings in Wed PM, cheque arrived this morning (Sat). I phoned the readings in early (4 Days) trying to miss any computer generated readings and it seems to have worked. I keep asking for BACS payment but that doesn't seemed to have worked for over a year. Just means a walk to the bank so no problem at all.
Certainly my quickest payment yet. Statement arrived Monday.

Iain
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:56:40 PM by Iain » Logged

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
skyewright

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 06:12:05 PM »

I've also (probably) discovered why I've had a cheque this last 3 times, and why I've needed to chase up. Apparently the system can't handle taking bank details and calculating a payment on the same day; if that's done the system decides that the situation isn't clear and does nothing! That is however what's happened on each of the last 3 occasions, as a result of which they have no bank details on the FIT account (even though they've been given them 3 times) and I've had 3 cheques, even though I've asked for payment to the bank on each occasion! Weird! The guy at the call centre suggests that I phone in on the day I receive the cheque and set up the bank details then so they will be ready for next time.
So, as advised I called the FIT centre after receiving the cheque and advised them of our bank details.

Today, I've received a letter confirming the new arrangement, so the next payment ought to go straight to the bank.  Smiley

Amusingly today's letter asks me to "take a minute to check the following information we have entered for you is accurate", which is good, except that "To protect your security we have obscured the first four digits of your account number" - so whilst I can be sure that the other digits & the sort code are correct I can't be certain that the first 4 are!  facepalm

As it happens I did ask the operator at the FIT centre to read back what she'd entered when it became obvious she wasn't going to do it as a matter of course, so it all ought to be correct, but sometimes you wonder if the people to draw up the masters for such letters ever read back what they've written (preferably after taking a break), or have the text sanity checked by someone else?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
marshman

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »

Wow....  I think (hope) I have it sorted.  My last statement from SSE said please submit your meter readings on or before 10th March 2016. So based on the debacle in December I phoned them on Monday(7th March) and gave them my readings. Thank you the nice man said, please hold while I check your account to make sure there are no problems. OK I said. 1 minute later he came back and said all was in order, the readings had been accepted and I should receive a BACs payment soon. Well just checked my account (it's the 10th today) and the money is there. Fastest ever payment. Only taken them 6 years to get it nearly right. I haven't received a statement yet but I suspect that was posted today. 

So if you are with SSE for FiTs. 1) Make sure you submit your readings at least 3 days before the date advised on your statement and 2) phone the readings through. I have never had any success emailing or submitting online - there have always been problems requiring a phone call anyway.

So in conclusion well done SSE, you took your time but you got there. Now perhaps you speed the refund of my in credit electricity supply account being as I transferred to a new cheaper supplier a month ago!!!

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
marshman

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »

Just to conclude this, the FiT statement was delivered this morning, all present and correct. Then just to spoil it a little bit the SSE meter reader has just been, read both the supply, export and total generation meter, if only he came at the start of the week Smiley

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
skyewright

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »

Then just to spoil it a little bit the SSE meter reader has just been, read both the supply, export and total generation meter, if only he came at the start of the week Smiley
About 3 weeks ago I had an e-mail from SSE saying they needed to read the FIT meter and would I phone to make an appointment. It's been read many times before, well within their statutory requirement, but never with an appointment, but hey ho, I can see the sense in using appointments, especially if they are going to make a trip just for this purpose. So I made an appointment. No one turned up. When I called it turned out the reader was off sick, but they didn't let me know in advance, so apparently that's a 'guarantee of service' failure & I may be due compensation. Second appointment made. That was for this morning. No sign of a meter reader. No call to tell me it had been cancelled. About to call the FIT centre to see what's what...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
skyewright

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

So I made an appointment. No one turned up. When I called it turned out the reader was off sick, but they didn't let me know in advance, so apparently that's a 'guarantee of service' failure & I may be due compensation. Second appointment made. That was for this morning. No sign of a meter reader. No call to tell me it had been cancelled. About to call the FIT centre to see what's what...
This time they don't know why the meter reader didn't turn up, but have acknowledged it as a 'GS' failure & confirmed that I'm due 30 for each of the missed visits.

They've also decided that since we are in a remote location maybe it's not quite so important that our meter is read any time soon, so I shouldn't worry about it & some one will turn up sooner or later (just like they have done in the past...).

Ain't progress wonderful. A waste of time for all concerned, and it's cost them compensation that's more than our winter FIT quarter. What a farce.   facepalm

Regards
David
Drawmer

« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:09 AM »

In late 2014 we were asked to suspend sending in readings to allow transfer to the 'new' system. Since nothing happened for about 6 months, I just resumed sending them in.

Well last August I was asked for readings including the import to migrate my account to the 'new' system. Which I supplied and got an acknowledgement.

Nothing happened, I've continued to supply my 1/4ly readings and getting paid about 4-6 weeks later.

Had another email yesterday, as the one last August. I've supplied the readings, and had acknowledgement for them.

I'm not holding my breath

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
djh

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:09 AM »

A little while ago they told me I was registered and then sent a statement for 0 so I took a reading and entered it in their cr*p web application (which seems to take everything there is to know about me EXCEPT my FIT a/c number which ought to be the ONLY piece of information they need). Then they deigned to acknowledge my reading and say I will be paid within 3 months! What a joke.

Cheers, Dave
burble61

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »

I phoned in my readings on Monday - got through to the FITS office very quickly. They seemed to accept interim readings from April 1st with no problem....plus I was advised "we are telling people to avoid using the web form, it causes so many problems". Couldn't agree more....wonder how much they paid some sweet talking IT company for that?

Was promised payment direct to bank account and a statement detailing payment. We shall see, they've never managed both of those things for the same submission!

I mailed them a while back with some "feedback" on the format on their FITS statements. The response was constructive "the format was discussed and agreed by SSE Senior Management and it is not possible to change it". Wonder how many times the long suffering customer-facing staff have had to say that. If I can be bothered next time, it will be something direct to SSE's "Director of Digital"....
linesrg

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2016, 11:08:33 AM »

Good Morning All,

I haven't been on the forum for a while but feel the need to 'vent my spleen' in the direction of SSE/ Atlantic (those who read further back in this thread and possibly others will note this isn't the first time I have had issues).

I sent in my 31st October readings on the 1st November 2015 by EM and received an acknowledgment the same day. I went away to sea circa 15th November and came back mid-March.

Having dealt with other more important things (not the least of which dealing with a non-tracking Lorentz tracker but that is another issue) I have turned my attention to the fact that, yet again, that useless shower of s***s at SSE have not sent a cheque iro any FIT payments.

I have just phoned SSE/ Atlantic to be told, yet again, that there appears to be a problem transferring my account to this much talked about 'new system' and that I was right the readings haven't been processed or a payment made.

Just how difficult can this be?

Yet again I have initiated the complaints procedure although having done this previously I hold out little hope of any real change occurring.

I have no idea how long I'll need to wait until my circa 816 turns up.

I can't even submit an updated reading as the mannie is coming to carry out the 2 year read of my meters on Tuesday.

Now to phone the UK agents for Lorentz and find out why they don't respond to EM's............................................

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
djh

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

A little while ago they told me I was registered and then sent a statement for 0 so I took a reading and entered it in their cr*p web application (which seems to take everything there is to know about me EXCEPT my FIT a/c number which ought to be the ONLY piece of information they need). Then they deigned to acknowledge my reading and say I will be paid within 3 months! What a joke.

The joke just got better. Apparently they just phoned* and told my wife that they need a reading because I haven't sent one. How do I convert my frustration into cash?

* Despite me always telling people to email and NOT phone!

Cheers, Dave
skyewright

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »

The joke just got better. Apparently they just phoned* and told my wife that they need a reading because I haven't sent one. How do I convert my frustration into cash?
I wonder if failure to process data provided to their web form (you presumably still have the acknowledgement?) could be seen as a service level guarantee failure (or whatever the relevant jargon is)?

Regards
David
JohnS

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2016, 03:43:54 PM »

Stop banging your head against a brick wall.

Change to Npower.  They email you just before beginning of Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec asking for a meter reading by the 25th except March which is by the 31st.

I input the reading online on 31 March and got an email in a day or two with my FIT statement and the money was in my bank account on 8 April.

Cannot ask for better than that.

John

2.1kWp solar PV
marshman

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »

In the six years I have been with SSE the only way I have ever got paid is to phone them. When ever I emailed or used their webform I have always had to chase them and been told the emails "often don't get through, so safest to phone".  At the start of March a few days before the submit by date I phoned the readinfs through and was paid a few days later and had a paper statement within a week. So from my experience forget web and email and phone the readings through.

Scottish  Power who I am registered with for my other system pay up within 3 weeks everytime, whether readings are phoned, emailed or entered by webpage, paper statement arrives a few days later.

Roger

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: