navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 85852 times)
Bonzo James

« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »

In the six years I have been with SSE the only way I have ever got paid is to phone them. When ever I emailed or used their webform I have always had to chase them and been told the emails "often don't get through, so safest to phone".  At the start of March a few days before the submit by date I phoned the readinfs through and was paid a few days later and had a paper statement within a week. So from my experience forget web and email and phone the readings through.

Scottish  Power who I am registered with for my other system pay up within 3 weeks everytime, whether readings are phoned, emailed or entered by webpage, paper statement arrives a few days later.

Roger

I phoned through my FIT meter reading for the first time back in April. Never had any luck in the past with emails - always needed a follow up phone call at some stage. (Have never tried the online form - at least with an email you have it on your PC to refer back to, not sure about the on-line setup). The payment still took nearly six weeks though! (Submitted 13th April, received payment 24th May). Submitted latest reading today by phone - will be interesting to see when the payment arrives.
marshman

« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2016, 10:24:59 PM »

Phoned my last one through on the 9th June, a couple of days prior to the "before" date on my last statement, money in the bank on the 15th June, so worked again for me.

Wait no more than four weeks and then chase them on the phone.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Kipper2

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »

Phoned my last one through on the 13th June, a couple of days prior to the "before" date on my last statement, no money in the bank as of the 15th July, so hasn't worked for me!

Chased them on the phone last week. 

(When my total generation and export readings were phoned through they asked for my import meter reading as well. Updated electricity bill arrived by post within two days!)

David.

3.52 kWp PV (16 x Sunpower 220/SB3300), slope 40˚, due South, lat 50˚ 45' N (Dorset), 4 kW multi fuel burner
skyewright

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »

When my total generation and export readings were phoned through they asked for my import meter reading as well. Updated electricity bill arrived by post within two days!
When I phoned in my last quarter (only the second one on the new system) the guy didn't want the import figure when I offered it, just the TGM & the export. I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have authority/access to take an import figure. When, after 4 weeks delay, I queried why no payment I was told it was held up because they needed an import figure!  fume
Once they had the import figure everything went nice & smooth & quick as I could wish.

Next time I'll know to push harder if there is resistance...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Kipper2

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »

When I chased my FIT payment a couple of weeks ago I was told that "the system" had a target date of 15/7/16 (from readings submitted by phone on 13/06/16) and it would definitely be produced by then.  I said OK, but if no payment is received by 20/07/16 I will call again. It wasn't and I just have!  This time I was told that they were having a few problems and "the system" was now showing a target date of 15/08/16 for raising the payment!  Knowing (after six years of broken promises from SSE) that the chances of this actually happening were remote to say the least, I told them so and was put through to one of the complaints managers. After venting my spleen and asking how after SIX YEARS they still do not have a working computer system I was promised they would raise a manual payment with an estimated turn around of 10 WORKING DAYS.  In addition I was promised by the complaints manager (Ross Davis) that he would call me on 29/07/16 to advise me on the progress of my payment. Now I may be being uncharitable to Mr Davis but he is approximately the fifteenth person from the SSE FITS team to promise to call me back over the last six years and do you know how many actually have?  The answer is not one, I have NEVER had a call returned!  My advice, to anyone who has submitted meter readings since mid June (and not yet received a payment) is to start chasing by phone as soon as possible. The complaints managers are scheduling the raising of manual payments on a spreadsheet and the list is only going to get longer!  God help us all.

David.

PS. When I commented on the fact that I thought that this new regime was supposed to fix all the problems of the preceding two computer systems, the reply I received was a very proud "Well it managed one cycle OK before you had a problem".
     Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!  banghead

3.52 kWp PV (16 x Sunpower 220/SB3300), slope 40˚, due South, lat 50˚ 45' N (Dorset), 4 kW multi fuel burner
john999boy

« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »

After having similar target dates and replies to enquiries as Kipper2 got, I've just checked my bank account and nada.
Good old SSE for letting me down again.  facepalm

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
skyewright

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »

I just phoned in the readings for my latest quarter.

At the end of the call they were keen to emphasise that they have the whole quarter in which to pay, but would try to do better (there was no promise to pay within an optimistic number of days). When I mentioned that I'd heard they were having problems I was told, yes there was a problem in June, they've now sorted out the problem behind that and it shouldn't happen again, but it's caused a backlog that they are still working through, hence the likely delay in payment.

As usual, time will tell...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Drawmer

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »

Well, knock me down with a kipper!

SSE have now put me on the 'new system' as promised in their letter to me in 2013.
My reading date was 28th July and I phoned the figures in on 1st August.
On 3nd August I received a set of paperwork, calculated on the non-existent readings for 28th July, which showed zero balances.
On 5th August I received a set of paperwork calculated on the new export and generation readings (very clear, and the first calculations that I have received automatically for several years)
Today - I've been paid by bank transfer.

I think they've done it.

I shall amend my reading habits to 28th of each 1/4 month.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
marshman

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »

Well, knock me down with a kipper!

SSE have now put me on the 'new system' as promised in their letter to me in 2013.
My reading date was 28th July and I phoned the figures in on 1st August.
On 3nd August I received a set of paperwork, calculated on the non-existent readings for 28th July, which showed zero balances.
On 5th August I received a set of paperwork calculated on the new export and generation readings (very clear, and the first calculations that I have received automatically for several years)
Today - I've been paid by bank transfer.

I think they've done it.

I shall amend my reading habits to 28th of each 1/4 month.

Glad someone else has had success with the "new" system, I was beginning to think I was the only one! Be careful though, check each statement as you get it, on the right hand side it tells you when your next reading is due and the date does change! I phone the reading through a couple of days before the date on the statement as I found that sometimes if you phone on the actual date the statement is produced with an estimated reading. My last two payments have been very quick ( 3 days and 6 days).

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Wickham

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »

Problems with payment again, after I thought the new system was working OK.

PV reading requested before 24th June 2016, so I used online form on 21st June.
Statement with an estimated reading sent through on 26th July based on a slightly higher reading.
Revised statement sent on 10th August showing 0 and estimated statement cancelled.
I telephoned today giving 21st June reading and a new statement was promised, also advised not to use online form which has been having problems, but to telephone readings in future "for peace of mind".

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
Iain

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »

Hi
Phoned mine in on the 2nd, still nothing. So phoning in the readings seems to be having problems as well. Phoned up again last week to check, all ok but waiting for payment to be made.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
skyewright

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2016, 04:41:29 PM »

As usual, time will tell...
And it has, and again nothing after 30 days, so I called...

"Payment has been suspended because we don't have a 2 year FIT meter read"!  banghead

Back in February wrote to say they needed to make a reading (before that they had just turned up at the door). I called them and made an appointment, which they missed. I called and made another appointmentm which they missed, That cost then 30 for each missed appointment (added to the next FIT payment), so when I called to report the second no show, they said "Okay. You've done everything you can. This is our fault. No point in booking another appointment. We'll note it on your FIT account and you'll not be penalised".

Well, the next payment came though okay, but now this!  fume

It seems I should not have trusted them and just kept making appointments till someone turned up. I'll know better next time.

We've now got an appointment for September the 5th. I wonder if we'll see anyone...

Regards
David
Iain

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2016, 05:48:22 PM »

Hi

Back in February wrote to say they needed to make a reading (before that they had just turned up at the door). I called them and made an appointment, which they missed. I called and made another appointmentm which they missed, That cost then 30 for each missed appointment (added to the next FIT payment), so when I called to report the second no show, they said "Okay. You've done everything you can. This is our fault. No point in booking another appointment. We'll note it on your FIT account and you'll not be penalised".

Thats why I have just moved my generation meter outside. In a small box above the main meters.

Just phoned up again and they still don't know why I haven't been paid yet!
Apparently the export and generation are now different accounts and paid separately!!
Perhaps "Keep It Simple" might help SSE

Iain

skyewright

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »

We've now got an appointment for September the 5th. I wonder if we'll see anyone...
Well, there was no meter reader this morning "between 8am and noon" so, allowing a good bit of leeway, I reported that at around 1330. They said sorry about that, we'll release the FIT payment, and the meter reader will be in contact sometime to arrange an appointment.

Just before 1500 there was a knock at the door, and who should be there but a meter reader who hadn't been told that it was supposed to be a morning appointment. Good job I hadn't needed to book a half day off to be here this morning and then be somewhere else this afternoon.

So hopefully that's it sorted, for the next 2 years or so...

Regards
David
Iain

« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

Hi
The saga continues. You couldn't make it up.

Started with SSE FIT 2010, at the start. Since then every time I phone my reading in I ask for it to be paid via BACS.
Every time I get paid by cheque. Every time i query it they say it is all set up and I should get BACS next time.
Phoned up last month to give my readings and they said that although all the bank details were there they had never been activated despite all my requests since 2010.
So they activated the details and still nothing.
Phoned 2 weeks ago and they said there were no problems and just wait for the money.
Nothing.
Phoned again today. I was told that as the BACS was set up the same day as my reading was given so the system cancelled the payment!!
So today, BACS details deleted, that will force the system to issue a cheque, and they will reinstate the BACS details on Thursday. So next time I might get a BACS payment.
I bet if i owed them money it might get sorted quicker.

Iain

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: