navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 84734 times)
Mike McMillan

« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »

I have never had a problem. Used the old system since January 2011. Email the form in, on the 1st of the payment month, automated reply, paid into my account within 3 weeks. I use the same form with it's details and just change the date and reading..

Mike

Off grid; 4KWH install charging Rolls 24v 1000 A.H. batteries with 3 Tristar controllers. 3KW Victron Inverter with FIT meter on output. Relay driver automatically opens circuits as battery charges. 6 x 15 experimental solar collectors feeding 250 L. tank.  Angus wood gasification boiler.
skyewright

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »

Started with SSE FIT 2010, at the start. Since then every time I phone my reading in I ask for it to be paid via BACS.
Every time I get paid by cheque. Every time i query it they say it is all set up and I should get BACS next time.
I had that when they converted to the new system (all was fine before that) and went through the same cycle several times. Somewhere around the third time I happened to get someone on the phone who was aware of the problem and of the workaround...
The "trick" is apparently that you need to call up and arrange for the switch to BACS in between readings, after you have received the cheque.

The way it was explained to me is that if you give them readings for payment by cheque, and also get them to take bank details at the same time, when the cheque payment gets processed it resets your account back to "pay by cheque". I may have the details slightly wrong, but that's the general drift.

Anyway, I did as suggested. Waited till I'd received the cheque, called the FIT line, set up the bank details. Next payment came through direct to the bank.  Grin

For a company that must have massive reliance on computers, they don't seem to be particularly good at this sort of thing...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:33:09 PM by skyewright » Logged

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Devonal

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »

SSE has been my FIT provider for 5 years.What baffles me is why they still seem to work in a shambles, is it because SSE will not put in the resources? I submitted my last reading on the 12th July. On the 23rd August phoned and was told that my payment had been approved that very morning, it now had to go to verification and be signed off. I was assured that I would receive payment shortly. No chance. Phoned again 14 th Sep and told the very same thing, but that having spoken to a manager, I was promised that I should receive payment next week. I was also told that under the t&c that they had until the 27th Nov, ie 90 days. 90 days, from when? How do they work that out? Also I was informed they do try to make payments as quickly as possible, not just sit on the money. They had a billing issue this year which has caused a problem and delays, and they are still trying to catch up, but next quarter should be quicker. SSE really need to get their act together. I use Atlantic energy for my electric, part of the group, and have always been happy with the service, quick, efficient and accurate, so why can't they get FIT right? Since the last improvement thinks have just got worse! flyingpig flyingpig
john999boy

« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2016, 10:03:21 AM »

What annoys me is that every time my payment goes into the 'exceptions' due to it being over a certain amount, it just gets ignored until I phone them up!

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
Iain

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »

Hi

Hi
Phoned mine in on the 2nd, still nothing. So phoning in the readings seems to be having problems as well. Phoned up again last week to check, all ok but waiting for payment to be made.

Iain

Well the 4 page statement has arrived but no cheque yet!

When it all started the 1 page statement used to have the cheque on the bottom, far too simple.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
marshman

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »

I really must be in SSE's good books. Phoned the readings through on the 6th (last statement said submit by the 7th), paper statement received last Friday, 16th, payment in my account this morning, 19th, so 12 days, a bit slower than the last two payments, but third quarter in a row on the "new" system that processing and payment have been fairly swift.

As a slight aside when I called them I mentioned that I had not been asked for the annual declaration and was told that this was no longer required.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Iain

« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2016, 01:40:05 PM »

Hi
Hi
Phoned mine in on the 2nd, still nothing. So phoning in the readings seems to be having problems as well. Phoned up again last week to check, all ok but waiting for payment to be made.

Iain

Well the 4 page statement has arrived but no cheque yet!

When it all started the 1 page statement used to have the cheque on the bottom, far too simple.

Iain

Cheque arrived Friday.

I now have to phone up and check the BACS system has been re authorised, hopefully for my first bank payment.
I won't hold my breath just yet though.

Iain

Wickham

« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:07 PM »

SSE have excelled themselves! I was asked to send a FIT reading before 22nd September, but because it all went wrong last time with an online entry that was ignored or lost, I telephoned on 19th September.

Today I got a correct statement by post just as the meter reader was at my house, reading electric and FIT meters. He couldn't tell me if his FIT reading would normally be used if later than mine (this was before I had opened my post).

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
skyewright

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:59 PM »

So hopefully that's it sorted, for the next 2 years or so...
The statement turned up today, so that's about 18 days since the last time I talked to them. Their calculation is within a penny of mine, plus 30 for the missed appointment. Just need to see how long it takes to appear in the bank now...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
skyewright

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »

The statement turned up today, so that's about 18 days since the last time I talked to them. Their calculation is within a penny of mine, plus 30 for the missed appointment. Just need to see how long it takes to appear in the bank now...
The payment appeared in the bank on the 28th.

Just under a month now till the cycle starts again...

Regards
David
djs63

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2016, 05:40:28 PM »

Just had a letter from SSE telling me to make an appointment for the generation meters to be read because they have to do it every two years. The meters were read 2 months ago!!! hysteria Though it did take two attempts, one for PV and one for wind.

Maybe everything has to be done in twos, from submitting readings twice, to having meters read, to ringing up twice to ask where the payment is........ tumble

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
skyewright

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »

Maybe everything has to be done in twos, from submitting readings twice, to having meters read, to ringing up twice to ask where the payment is........ tumble
Maybe that's why I had 2 missed meter read appointments (& thus 2x 30 compensation) earlier this year?  tumble

Regards
David
linesrg

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »

Good Evening All,

Finally after only 8 years(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) SSE have managed to get a cheque to me for the right amount and within a 14 day period. I am in a state of shock.

It still won't stop me changing to e.ON for my electricity though as they are cheaper..........

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Iain

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2016, 09:05:29 PM »

Hi
Well what an improvement.
8 Nov Reading phoned in
12 Nov Statement arrived
18 Nov Money in the Bank
It's been a slow road but no complaints if it carries on like this

Iain

skyewright

« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »

Well what an improvement.
8 Nov Reading phoned in
12 Nov Statement arrived
18 Nov Money in the Bank
It's been a slow road but no complaints if it carries on like this
Our late October reading went through equally smoothly!
25th October reading
29th received statement (dated 26th)
2nd November Money in the bank.
That's the first smooth run through for the best part of 2 years. It's taken a while, but the 'new' system seems to be settling in...  Grin

Regards
David
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: