navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FITs SYSTEM - Failed to implement  (Read 12341 times)
Ivan

« on: March 27, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

I spoke to SSE today about their new FITs system. Anyone with an SSE FITs system should be aware that back towards the end of last year, they froze their FITs payment scheme until the end of January. I received an email on the 6th March asking me to submit my readings for payment. I spoke to them on the phone today, and apparently the new system has failed its security checks, so they are having to revert back to their old system, with your old reading dates. Apparently this isn't a permanent arrangement, and they will have another go at changing over later in the year.

So if you've been waiting for the last 4months for an opportunity to submit your readings, it would be a good idea to submit your readings as soon as possible.

It's disappointing, as the SSE promised that their record of late payments would improve dramatically as a result of this new system, whereas all that seems to have been achieved is to extend everyone's payment delay by an additional 4months.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
regen

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:19 PM »

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have not heard a word from them since the letter on 26 nov 2014.  Whilst they may be trying to streamline the system their efforts are pathetic and the reasons even more pathetic for a company of their size.

Wonder what they would say if i decided to suspend payment to them whilst i streamlined my system.

Regen

3.92w freestanding PV with sb3300 +Imersun
21kw Stratford T70 woodburner
 300litre thermalstore with 3kw and 1kw immersions
 Wall star 25kw oil boiler
  Spring water supply with uv and ro membrane
 Sheep, poly tunnel and approx 80 sq m of raised veg beds.
Iain

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »

Hi
I phoned in my reading end of Feb and I was paid about 2 weeks later. So a lot better than it has been. Asked for BACs payment but got a cheque! But 2 weeks is quite reasonable considering all the problems they are having.
I think I will revert to my original reading dates as they coincide with the yearly increase. Until the new system is up and running.
Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Ivan

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »

The email I got on the 6th March suggested that I submit my readings online ( https://www.sse.co.uk/BeingGreen/SolarEnergy/FeedInTariff/MeterReading/ )

I phoned them, as I have several FIT installations, and they said they'd prefer I emailed it, rather than phoned through the readings.

Incidentally, the readings need to be submitted to a new email address (at least, not the one I used previously) - which is fitreads@sse.com )

ProDave

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:46:24 AM »

that's very poor they haven't communicated to everyone that the new system has failed.

While I did get an email in Feb telling me to submit a reading under the old system, it very much implied this was a one off.

I'll just continue with quarterly readings on the old system until I hear otherwise.  Our house is for sale now, so there's a high probability it will sell before they get the new system working, and then it will be the new owners problem.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
skyewright

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 06:30:45 PM »

I spoke to them on the phone today, and apparently the new system has failed its security checks, so they are having to revert back to their old system, with your old reading dates. Apparently this isn't a permanent arrangement, and they will have another go at changing over later in the year.
What a farce. Good job they aren't a strategically important national company with loads of systems highly dependent on computers. Err, hang on a minute...

I'm not at all sure why they need a separate system anyway. I wonder if they have considered just running FIT accounts using the same billing system as the rest of their accounts, but with a negative tariff and a flag to pay any credit balance to the customer?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Iain

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »

Hi
I'm not at all sure why they need a separate system anyway. I wonder if they have considered just running FIT accounts using the same billing system as the rest of their accounts, but with a negative tariff and a flag to pay any credit balance to the customer?

I think that is what they are trying to do but found there was a security issue on some accounts.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Drawmer

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »

Just spoken to one of the everso helpful team at SSE FIT payments.
I was asked to not submit Dec reading, and so delayed sending in figures until Feb., Which I got paid for in March.

Having read on here that the readings were reverting to original schedules, I rang in to give my March reading.

It was confirmed for me that I should resort to my original 1/4ly readings schedule, and they wouldn't raise a payment for the one month, but add it to my next submission at end June.

I queried if she'd had some difficult phone calls over this, and she did admit that some of the calls had been somewhat 'challenging'.

There's no doubt that there are some muppets in charge at SSE FIT payments.
I'm somewhat surprised that none of the consumer organisations haven't got hold of this, since utility bashing is such a sport.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
Ivan

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »

Ofgem were certainly on their side - when people complained about the timeframe that 'some' utility companies were paying in, they decided to clarify - and gave them 90days after reading submission. Testimony to this is my last payment - which they managed in about 92days - slowest they've ever been. Thanks for clarifying that, Ofgem!

Mr Bob

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:21 AM »

I originally had a letter in Dec. saying no readings should be submitted in Dec or Jan and that I would get a letter in Feb with my new dates. My reading was due Dec 31 so I complied with their request not to submit any readings Dec or Jan but phoned them on Mon 2 Feb and gave them my reading as the period of abeyance was over, reading accepted and payment received within 4 weeks. Was told at that time to make sure to take a reading on March 31 even if it was not submitted then when I was given new dates I could give that reading and the later one so that the old and new rates could be applied correctly. Then I got the 6th March Email and phoned again and was told that I could revert to March-June-Sept-Dec readings  even though the reading I submitted Feb 2 covered 4 months and therefore the reading I have just given only covers two months. I was told that the readings do not HAVE to be every 3 months but as near as possible, and they do need 4 readings per year.
Ivan

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

SSE are quite relaxed about when you submit the readings - I've often submitted them a few weeks late, and they still use them for that quarter. By contrast, npower stick to the absolute dates, and if you miss the deadline, you have to wait until the next quarter. I think the difference is that SSE don't even look at the readings you send them for 89days, whereas Npower tend to pay up quite promptly.

Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »

I submitted my 31st March readings to SSE on the afternoon of 1st April by email.

Today I received a cheque in the post - it is dated 2nd April.

I am gob-smacked.

I'm now hoping they never implement the 'new' system.

Volunteer moderator
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »

SSE have definitely sorted their payment processing issues - new system or not.
I just noticed my payment for reading submitted on 31/03/15 got credited to bank on 9th April  extrahappy
Thank you SSE. The system now works - please don't break it again  horror
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
JohnS

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »

That is what happened to me with Npower.  Submitted reading at 6pm on 31 March by webform.  Paid direct into my account on 9 April.

This level of service has been maintained for at least a year.

2.1kWp solar PV
Ivan

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »

Well, my payment hasn't come through. I phoned to ask what the likely lead time is, and they wouldn't say. The only comment they could make was 'I should hopefully get it within 90days' - I certainly hope it's quicker, as some of it is for installations with no FITs income since September last year.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: