navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100l Pressure Vessel on rainwater pump?  (Read 1748 times)
al_uk

« on: April 11, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »

I have a Stuart Tuner Boostamatic negative head water pump which I use for my rainwater pump. It has a tiny pressure vessel which allows it to detect when water is flowing and switch on automatically. It senses pressure drop and water flow, and is fully automatic, and works perfectly well.

I was idly thinking about adding a 50l or 100l pressure vessel after my various water filters and just before the feed into the house. The reason for this is to provide a few toilet flushes if we have a power cut, without having to wheel out the generator, and also to prevent the pump cycling on and off so many times. For example, the washing machine will intake water for a few seconds at a time quite often during the cycle. The pump should only need to switch on after we've drawn 25 or 50l from the pressure vessel.

I'm not quite sure that this will work the way I think it will - if the pump is too sensitive, then it might switch on regardless as soon as any water is drawn.

Anyone tried it?

10kW PV. Rainwater collection-14 IBCs. Custom Arduino based Immersun type PV diversion. HomeSeer home automation, Househeat/Conrad TRV radiator actuators + FHEM. SageTV
knighty

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:54:02 PM »

your idea will work fine

and the pressure switch on the pump should be adjustable, so you can adjust the turn on pressure and the turn off pressure

if it still pulses on/off just increase the turn off pressure, or decrease the turn on pressure
sb79

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:49:36 PM »

You'll need a non return valve, or is there one on the pump already between the pump head and the vessel?
sb79

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:57:09 PM »

Try Advanced Water for the Reflex DE range of vessels. I have used the 300 and 400 litre vessels as accumulators on a couple of occasions and am using Reflex for most of my pressure vessel use now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: