navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanyo Heat Pump Unit not working after power outage - again  (Read 2065 times)
MacBeagle

« on: June 10, 2015, 08:25:42 AM »

Hi

I posted this same topic May 2012 and you solved it then by telling me that the controller had to switched on before the outside fan unit. We have had subsequent outages since then and the procedure has worked fine until yesterday...... The only difference this time is that the screen is not flashing ERROR at me but it just says "STATUS COMM ERROR". I have checked the trips, the isolator switch works and there is power going to the fan unit.

Again, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
Fionn

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »

Hi Andy,
           You might need to get a technician to have a look at it this time I'm afraid.
The indoor and outdoor units communicate over a serial link that is established over the power cable between the two.
It sounds as if that communication path has broken down which is why the unit won't run.
It may need a new controller or something to get it going again.
Fionn.

PV - 2.75kW East, 1.5kW South, 2.5kW West. 3 x Flat Plate Solar Thermal with side arm FPHE on 268L cylinder
BruceB

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »

We had 6 power cuts last night with a tree rubbing an HV line and WPD re-routeing local supplies to bypass it!  One of those cuts caused my heat pump to stop working.  An mcb deep inside it protecting one of the compressors had tripped.  Perhaps you have an internal breaker tripped in one of your units which is preventing communication?  Make sure everything is isolated if you look inside.
MacBeagle

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »

Thanks for the replies and it's what I suspected. The problem is that here in Bristol and its environs I cannot find anyone remotely interested in dealing with a Sanyo ASHP. Gary Smith of Oceanair has been extremely generous with advise over the years but they are in Nottingham and any sort of call out would be prohibitive. No, its time to call it a day and go for gas. We tried to walk the walk but Sanyo legged it and left us holding the baby.

Thanks for all your help.

MacBeagle

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »

Desperately naive question - as the boiler/tank unit works on mains pressure, is there any chance I could use it as a vented indirect thermal store driven by a gas boiler? i.e. replacing the heat pump for a gas system boiler.
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 03:02:02 PM »

Yes with a bit of jiggery pokery on the pipework, why not.

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: