navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cobbled together PV in W.Sussex  (Read 140163 times)
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2019, 09:42:47 PM »

I second that billi. We loved his battery adventures.
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »

I Totally Agree Billi,
                Outta is sadly missed. He posted loads of interesting stuff.
  Hopefully some day he will rejoin us and give us his latest updates. genuflect
                             Biff
  NB, I watched His 2012 video  A day off Grid and Outta looked exactly like I imagined him to look like.  fingers crossed!   Thanks Scruff,
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:44:58 PM by biff » Logged

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
roys

« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

What 2012 video biff, sounds like the sort of thing I would like to watch, also agree his sparky experiments were very interesting.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »

Hi Roys,
          Click on Scruffs "Clicky" in the previous page and it opens out into a whole pile of Utub videos that Outta had done.
   The last one in Line is one of Outta himself + his neighbor putting up a few panels on the back of his house.
  Outta has always had his own way of doing things but this control department was a real learning curve for me.
                   ,Good luck   Enjoy, fingers crossed!
                                     Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
roys

« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »

Cheers biff, now the rugby has finished guess what I am watching 😀
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2019, 05:09:36 PM »

Outta is worth watching.
         He has all kinds of good moves. These were the early days of pv and Li-po4. I think Outta bought the Wintons eastern Europe. There is loads of info on balancing the cells and I remember the different options he employed.
It was great reading here on Navitron and we all benefited from it. You never know he might just grace us with his presence and update us all. I hope he does
        Biff

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: