navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Mercedes electric cars  (Read 1610 times)
Nickel2

Sunny North-East Hampshire

« on: February 26, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »

The gradual take-over of the car-making industry is making new roads into Germany. Hopefully it will be for the better, but we will see...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43194026

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
New (Old) 8S7P LiFe battery, 105Ah @ 26.4V
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Nissan micra Spirita   (Short range)
Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »

When I worked in China a few years ago in Guandong Province. I had the (dis)pleasure of driving two chinese made vehicles. One was a Beijing Jeep. A copy of a Jeep Cherokee. The other was a Pony Pickup. a Mitsubishi Clone. If their cars are this good, I never want to fly in a one of their aeroplanes!!

Philip R
Nickel2

Sunny North-East Hampshire

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »

From research, it appears that the Chinese are actually making genuine Merc, BMW and audi cars for their domestic market. There are many youtube vids showing "Chinese BMW factory". It also worth remembering that the bulk of the Apple products are made there. I think that like all developing nations, their product quality will improve with experience.
As a parallel, look what happened to Skoda; early cars were for the poor motorist that could not afford a good quality product. I have owned a modern Skoda and found it quite up to the standard of it's west European counterparts based on the same floor-platform.
When China starts building NCAP rated good quality electric cars, the west will be in for a shock.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
New (Old) 8S7P LiFe battery, 105Ah @ 26.4V
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Nissan micra Spirita   (Short range)
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »

I remember when the British Motor industry poo-pooed the riceburners from Japan......................, remind me where our industry went??

Lots of Chinese stuff is very good, but lots of companies source stuff from china at a knock down price which they happily supply at an  appropriate quality.

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
fourfootfarm

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »

Thing with chinese manufacturing is you get what you pay for. If you pay near japanese or european prices you get that quality.

They just have the capacity to turn out complete cr*p at bargain basement prices, and we buy it in droves then wonder why its rubbish!

Outback FM60. EPsolar 30a MPPT and a bunch of Tristar 45's. Hodge Podge of solar ~ 4500w. Various generators and 1000ah 24v forklift battery.

Turkish Turnip
rogeriko

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

I have travelled extensively (almost 12 months off and on) all over China at a local level, not fancy hotels etc, and it is a truly amazing country. Everything just works there. The trains run to the second, the local airports that you have never heard of are the size of Heathrow, crime is non existant and the people do what they are told. Of course if you break the rules you are dead meat, Literally.
As the west slowly falls apart with all this religious infighting and culture clashes the Chinese will just pick up the pieces bit by bit and then before you realize whats happening we will be breaking the Chinese rules and then we will be dead meat too. surrender surrender

fourfootfarm

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 09:28:27 PM »

Joys of autocracy hey?

I wouldn't be so sure though. Continuous currency manipulation can only get you so far. In the end the house of cards will collapse. However they are probably best placed to deal with it.

That said Xi Jinping seems to be setting himself up for long term rule. Just yesterday they abolished term limits for his presidency.

As they say in that part of the world. We live in interesting times!

Would love to go back again.

Outback FM60. EPsolar 30a MPPT and a bunch of Tristar 45's. Hodge Podge of solar ~ 4500w. Various generators and 1000ah 24v forklift battery.

Turkish Turnip
linesrg

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 06:36:04 AM »

Good Morning All,

Weren't complaints about the quality of goods coming out of Japan in the early days viewed the same way some Chinese goods might be now?

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: