navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giant pencil sharpener  (Read 10724 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »

They look like cattle nuts,
              Good for firm beef, no waste,
                    Biff
          NB. Scotland put the wind up the Aussies and we got hammered out of it. Cry

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
gravyminer

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2015, 10:32:48 PM »

Fantastic jotec !  genuflect

I love em
Is it ok to copy your creations ?

droppings might have to come from the chipper pile though

gravyminer
jotec

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »

Fantastic jotec !  genuflect

I love em
Is it ok to copy your creations ?

droppings might have to come from the chipper pile though

Please feel free to copy. If you want any pointers let me know, those are last years the new born to this year have different ears and tails to improve the breed!

Aiming to reduce dependency on 'mains energy'. Own bio for 120k miles, solar water heating (DIY),  CHP done, Solar PV, use wood cut from own trees.
In U.K. near Worcester
charlieb

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2016, 01:55:47 PM »

Safeasouses now.     Thought I'd update to show that some people do listen to advice occasionally!  

And then see progress from tree (2x larch, which had both blown), to sawmill, to stakes, to plantation. In 400 years someone will be able to cut more stakes out of the oak trees I'm planting now!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:58:14 PM by charlieb » Logged
mike-b-

merseyside

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2016, 03:11:47 PM »

Excellent alot safer. I do envy you i could cut timber all day. And ooohhh for my own forest. Dream job a wood miller like Christmas each log u open. Push brush around that mill lol. stir

10x230 yingli +aurora2000 ,woodburner, 5x250 hyundia +sunnyboy 1200,  i waste nothing everything is useful i just havent found a use for it yet! Rainwater harvesting ibc system. 270w offgrid in hol home
charlieb

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

Bandsaw isn't mine, sadly, Mike.   At the moment I have to get those 8ft lengths down to my friend 5 miles away who has the woodmizer.  I'm still astounded when beautiful square-cut timber comes back in exchange for big hunks of knobbly roundwood.   

I would LOVE to have one of my own (hence a few questions on the subject on here in fact), and can just about justify it: One biggish building project and it's paid for itself through not buying timber-yard wood.  (The trouble is it becomes a bit circular.  If it pays for itself by cutting the timber for it's own shed, that doesn't really count does it!?)     
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: