navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What might the future be with Lithium Air Batteries ?  (Read 1384 times)
efficiencyman

« on: November 30, 2015, 01:08:59 AM »

When I saw this thought you guys would be interested

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/05/lithium_air/

I thought this explanation says it well   ballspin

Wet underfloor & multi zone Hybrid heating. Gas & 15Kw Heat Pump, Heat Stores 20 Evac Tube Solar Thermal. LED Lighting throughout.  Nissan Leaf Tecna Zero Emision Car.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:39 AM »

Good Article  Efficiencyman,
                      Very interesting details. I am waiting for the perfect battery, the one that does not need complicated chips on the shoulder of each cell. The one that can take a 100% charge and deliver 99.99% in return fingers crossed!, Then we are in business,
                                                         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
book_woorm

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:26:29 AM »

Judging by the chronology of LFP batteries it will be 5 years before anything comes to market and 10-15 before such a battery will be affordable

2.4 Kw Kyocera Panels (west facing) Feronius inverter; Sonenkraft Solar Thermal with Twin 180Lt & 280 Lt Thermal Stores; SAP 'A' rated property with UFH & wood burner. Full weather compensation on the UFH buffer temperature & differential controller decides where the heat from the wood burner goes.
baker

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »

Biff
can I ask
if deep cycle batteries are left uncharged for two years
they are 8 years old now
whats the chance,s of being ok
12v 200amp
baker
ProDave

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »

Good Article  Efficiencyman,
                      Very interesting details. I am waiting for the perfect battery, the one that does not need complicated chips on the shoulder of each cell. The one that can take a 100% charge and deliver 99.99% in return fingers crossed!, Then we are in business,
                                                         Biff
Surely the "perfect" battery for home energy storage is one that last essentially forever?

It is the periodic battery replacement costs that dominate the cost of home energy storage, not the "efficiency". After all if the energy used to charge them is free (solar pv, wind etc) then losing a bit through the battery storage process is not disastrous is it?

As far as I can tel NiFe fits the definition of the perfect battery. I just wish someone would make them in sufficient quantity to bring the cost down.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: