navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batteries; New ones can't go wrong?  (Read 4670 times)
gravyminer

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »

If the terms and conditions and the financial law behind the agreement are clearly laid out its a great starting point but Ive seen how the lack of a comma, on occasions, has meant cases end up in the high court for the law lords to try and make sense of convoluted meanings .......

And how they love honing the whole thing down to ' a fine point of law'.

What would you have done if the finance co had further appealed the High Court Judges decision ?
What did it cost you to get to the High Court ?

Generally you have to have deep pockets to get justice.

gravyminer
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »

Yes, it's becoming more & more a "bend over & take it" society court costs are now getting the "only the rich" treatment too, which is why I still deem the small claims to be good value, at around 76-82 a go.

I don't see why someone elses tardy ar$ewipe attitude has to end up costing me my time & an unnecessary drive to get it sorted though, & half the folk proffering an apology are only saying that because it follows the flow chart protocol.

*used to work in cust service & excel, ..too many folk simply don't give a damn, easy to spot, (especially with the trogs at royal mail, or overseas call centres, ..of which BT are a big player in farming out contracts elsewhere, no wonder folk get so mad when faced with utter incompetence.

So yes, big fan of taking bad CS examples & shaking them by the throat with my teeth, because it is often only the extreme examples that ever instigate change within a cs environment for the benefit of the consumer.

It all takes time from end to end, but being so polite about it does no-one any good really.

Customer service needs passionate players not " drone div's"  ..you want to walk away from a situation thinking far better of people & product / brand support than when you went in (with that burdensome complaint).

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
offthegridandy

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 09:51:03 AM »

My experience has been that courts will go a long way to help the small man if the case is valid, but they don't like rants and un founded raving. With out a solicitor you must decide for your self if a case is worth it or valid.  My adventure in the High Court cost me my time and 3 in total court appearances. So a lot of research time and some petrol.

I found out on the way that law students are useful and can be persuaded to look stuff up for you if asked nicely. My case revolved around a piece of legal precedent that was established in 1978 but had "been overlooked" by the lower courts, even though I had made reference to it.  I'm quite cussed and would have carried on the fight if required because I was sure that the right of the matter (in law) was on my side.  The judge in the lower court was wrong and should never have made the original decision. As was observed at the final hearing.

Andy

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
2.5 Kw WT H Piggot design 4.5 Mtr Dia AC coupled
12 Mtr free standing Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 K wood stove
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »

" My experience is that the courts will go a long way to help the small man if the case is valid"
   I would agree with that Andy.
                               Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »

I have had similar good experiences with the small claims court.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »

I'm not ranting when I demand privacy Biff (for example), & I cannot guarantee anyone's security when they step on the property, yet as a dog owner anyone pratting around on the property is afforded more protection than that of a guarding dog, ..the "prats" only have to "feel" a bit put out to have a complaint about an animal investigated by the police / animal control etc.

A strongly worded legal based sign that has been ignored & an issue made of (ie raised by the home-owner with regard to folk ignoring it is at least a start as to going beyond "fair warning" ..however your dog will have been likely given a death sentence in the meantime, for instance, whereas not reinforcing the signage can be seen as allowing access, ..where do you start from & where do you go)!?

You are trying to protect your property
You are trying to protect your animals
You are trying to protect the public.

I understand the perception of so called "U.S. litigious practise / nature" ..it's already here in the form of ambulancechasers.com types, & is not to be used for a mere dented can of supermarket beans, however is a useful vehicle for instance when tradesmen are caught dumping cr*p on prvate property for example, or careless tradesmen of a civil engineering company repeatedly use your land for placing groundsworks & plant machinery without permission, compacting the ground around already delicate tree's.. it serves as a kick up the @r$e to management of what might face them if they are so flippant.

Not to mention blocking off your property access!

Therefore when a seemingly over the top notice is applied you cannot actually be, after all the same signage is used by the big boys all the time.

However I'm also saying that cr@p sold to you should not be put up with when replacing something that is clearly shonky should be taken on the chin by consumers, it's more travel, time & mainly fossil fuel emissions as a result of cowboy manufacturing!  hours invested finding an answer for a lazy distributor / manufacturers service department is nuts if there is no result at the end of the day because it clearly states that the company involved cares not beyond the purchasing price, & that explains a lot of the consumer culture of cheap design, flawed components, poor / non-existent product life-span, replacement, landfilling / recycling & many boats both full & empty traversing the seas, Lorries,  distribution, localised distribution etc.

& we hear many damning stories of cheap design, buy cheap buy trouble etc don't we? ...i'm just not willing to let that BS wash over me regardless of how
far I deem necessary to take it.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: