navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H2 as a fuel and storage medium on renewable powered Farm in Cheshire  (Read 11977 times)
bxman

« on: April 13, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »

Interviewed on this mornings Farming Today.

taken a while to track down  but details below

http://www.actaspa.com/projects/project-2/
Fionn

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:32:10 AM »

Since the end use case is heat, then surely it would make more sense to convert the electricity to heat directly and keep it in a thermal store.
The excess could even be used to drive a heat pump which loads the store to further increase efficiency.
Hard to see what the benefit of the conversion to and from hydrogen is in this case.
bxman

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »

That was exactly what I thought when I heard the program but I think he is now using the H2 for a vehicle.

The exciting thing is that the  ROI appears to be 6 years  and it would appear to be a financially viable system .   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076hsq8   ( 4min  in )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: