navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Power FIT shambles?  (Read 4366 times)
NoahsDad

« on: May 20, 2016, 12:04:49 AM »

I am wondering how others find Scottish Power and their FIT services?

I have had an existing 4kw system for years with a FIT12345678 type of reference number. Things have been fine to be fair until recently when I installed a new 0.5kw system just after Christmas. My FIT claim for that was registered from their point of view on 13th Jan. I was told I should fill out their online FIT application for my extension so I did. 2 months passed then I got a letter saying I had to complete a paper copy of the application as it was an extension.... yet no paper copy or guidance on how to obtain one given with the letter received
! So I call them to deal with the matter, after lots of hassle, I accept their "I don't know why you have to fill out a paper copy, that's just what we do for an extension apparently now". And I manage to get a paper copy sent out. I fill it out, and return it. Another 2 months passes until recently I get a letter saying I am now accepted on the FIT scheme.

However the FIT reference number for my new 0.5kw system is exactly the same as for my existing 4kw system. And when I try to login/enter a FIT record online it blocks me.

So 5 months later, more fun and games with many phone calls ahead, and nothing but confusion. I not only seem to still be no further forward with my new systems FIT, but now my previously install system looks like I might have no FIT for now either. Shambles!
skyewright

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »

I have had an existing 4kw system for years with a FIT12345678 type of reference number. Things have been fine to be fair until recently when I installed a new 0.5kw system just after Christmas. My FIT claim for that was registered from their point of view on 13th Jan. I was told I should fill out their online FIT application for my extension so I did. 2 months passed then I got a letter saying I had to complete a paper copy of the application as it was an extension.... yet no paper copy or guidance on how to obtain one given with the letter received
I can't recall exactly when it came in, so not sure if 13th Jan is before or after the cut off, but wasn't the dropping of the possibility of adding further FIT capacity if you already had a FIT install one of the recent changes to FIT schemes? Maybe that's adding to the confusion?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »

The cut-off date for the change that now excludes extensions from FiTs was 14th January. Any extension that is commissioned on or after 15th January is excluded.

It is normal for an extension to have the same FiT ID as the main system.

Have you tried submitting a meter reading by phone?

Volunteer moderator
M

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 12:34:05 PM »

Hiya ND. If it helps, my extension has the same FiT number, only instead of ending xxx-1, it ends xxx-2.

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
NoahsDad

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:21:29 PM »

My new 2nd system was installed just before the new year in time for the good FIT. I haven't had a chance to contact them because of the holiday weekend, but my FIT reference is exactly the same as my 1st system without any suffix xxx-1 like Mart has. I am going to have to phone this week, will update this post if there is anything interesting that comes from it.
NoahsDad

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »

Problem seems to be sorted. They do use the same FIT reference number (is identical for me with no suffixes used as said). They disabled it on the standard FIT meter reading webpage I used to use as I have a 2nd meter now and have to use different URL that is for people with multiple meters/systems... and that catchy URL is https://www.scottishpower-onlinecomms.co.uk/fit/?__utma=126996495.1251100346.1383135394.1383135394.1383135394.1&__utmb=126996495.4.10.1383135394&__utmc=126996495&__utmx=-&__utmz=126996495.1383135394.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=scottishpower&__utmv=-&__utmk=242337538&_ga=1.222742619.1188068120.1461411449 but it also currently cross referenced on the standard meter reading page.
the blacksmith

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:04:39 PM »

I know this is an old topic now & I don't want to high jack it, but if its ok I wanted to add  my dealings with Scottish power.

I've  had my first system up now since  July 2012 & submitted the fit readings every quarter, I then  fitted the second system June 2015 (on the workshop separate mpan)
Since then I decided as the second system was only on the lower 0.13p fit rate I would wait and send the readings for both systems in once a year, its better having 1,500 once a year  rather than dribs and drabs!

I did this on the 6/8/16, I got the usual acknowledgment  of my readings by email.
It was only approximately 7/10 days later that the money was transferred into my account, it was in a lump sum rather than two lots being paid in.

The problem I have is with G4S, I have had several letters from them all with different names, addresses & post codes on the letters!
They are saying they have called numerous times leaving calling cards every time to check my first system generation meter, what an utter joke.  banghead

4.2kw & 4.1kw pv array+ immersun
Pigsywigsy

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »

Hi Blacksmith, I've got two systems (wind since 2012 and solar since 2011) receiving FITs from Scottish Power, out the blue I received a very unpleasantly worded letter from G4S a few years back telling me my FIT payments for my Solar PV would be getting stopped as I'd refused them access to read my Generation Meter, no one had made any contact from G4S whatsoever before this happened. A strongly worded email was duly dispatched to the CEO of G4S (Richard Morris) and Scottish Powers 'Customer Service Director' email address telling both how unimpressed I was. Scottish Power responded and apologised etc and confirmed they'd had other similar complaints about G4S, G4S responded apologising saying they passed my complaint to the 'relevant team', I heard no more from them. When the man from G4S came round to look at my meter he confirmed he'd been unable to find me previously and reported this back into his office, nothing more.

Worcester Bosch Greenstore 11, 280l DHW + 150l UFH
16x Sharp NU245, Power One Aurora pvi3.6
Bergey Excel 10kw, PowersyncII, EMMA, 1250l Thermal Store
NoahsDad

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »

I live in East Lothian, in the South East of Scotland, for about the last year G4 have been taking my outdoor elec meter readings without issue. I find it ridiculous that Scottish Power outsource this to G4, but that's another discussion!

I have never had any contact from Scottish Power or G4 about taking readings in person for my FIT meters. No meter reader has ever been in my house to get a FIT reading in person. Good to have a heads up on this potential issue though.

Keith Wallace

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 08:23:43 PM »

Why should anyone be surprised about Scottish Power being a shambles?

Worst consumer company of the year in 2015, will take a concerted effort to knock off their crown.

Waited over a year to get our Rugby Club Tarriff sorte, still not done.

Worse we have had no gas for 11 weeks, the simple task of moving our meter beyond them.

A litany of broken promises,  incompentence and outright lies.

If you don't believe me, listen to their staff "We are a shambles say Scottish Power".
NoahsDad

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »

I had a G4 guy visit to my surprise last week, for my first ever physical PV meter reading, this after about 4 years of having PV!

I actually have 2 seperate systems registered with Scottish Power for FIT, and the guy only had details of the older system and only wanted to read the details of that. He said he or someone else will probably be sent round soon to do the other system.

You wouldn't get Scottish Power providing a security service for Prisoners or at a football match, still finding it weird G4 are reading my meters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: