navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aldi Chainsaw  (Read 5464 times)
TheFairway

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »

Hope you dont need to return it for any reason. MowerMagic dont/didnt abide by distance selling regulations. Bought an exact part number replacement part for a mower. It was supplied 6" too short. Returned for refund. They refunded item but not shipping charge, let alone replacement shipping item for a 'faulty' item. They got quite abusive when i tried to argue my point. Trading standards apparently more convincing trying to educate them. Still didnt get my refund. Life too short to argue my point again, but not too short to warn buyers to beware.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:40:27 PM by TheFairway » Logged

3.995kWp SE PV. 5kW Burley Hollywell woodburner. Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus MVHR

All posts are my own personal thoughts and opinions and do not represent those of my employer, clients or partners.

MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 07:31:24 PM »

Thanks fairway, it has a "door to door pick up / return" ..which i'll hold them to (though I think that is actually Oregon policy TBH).

Incidentally, I notice that Bosch do "plain box" items inc leccy chainsaws currently around the 73.00 mark if anyone pokes around the bosch uk site.  Wink

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »

Well, that is not a good start!

The 4.0 Ah battery was fine.
The BRAND NEW 2.4 Ah battery was duff straight out of the box.

Needless to say I exacted a replacement to the door within 24 hours & a spare powersharp chain from blount the uk distributor which will keep me going, but if the unit is a dog it goes back regardless.

I've got to see what mower magic can do for the faux pais ...hardly filling me with faith when a new battery fails to work with a new product.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: