navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EOn - issue with emailed FIT readings  (Read 2077 times)
Ralpharoo

« on: August 26, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »

Just a heads up to EOn FIT customers who email their readings in.

I emailed my latest FIT reading to EOn on 27th July, and received an automated reply.  I waited the required 5 - 10 working days for processing and up to 10 working days for payment to be made, and phoned to see where the payment was.  I was told that there had been an issue with the email service, and that my email had been lost off the system.  The FIT team guy took my reading again, and promised payment within the normal 5 - 10 working days. He also apologised frequently during the call.

If you normally email readings in, it may be worth giving them a ring to check that the data has not been lost

Ralpharoo

3.92 kWp south facing. north west Cumbria
Tinbum

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »

I had a similar issue with BG and their online system. All readings that were given on the 25th July didn't get through.

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3 x Sunny Backup 5048, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, Atmos wood gasification boiler, Brosley wood burner, 2000lt buffer tank and 250lt DHW
E.ON Company Rep: Malc

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »

Hello Ralpharoo and thanks for raising this. I didn't know we had a problem with these emails so have just been talking to our FIT team to see what's been happening.

It looks as though there's been a couple of issues. One was a problem with BT internet addresses where emails were being bounced to a different area. Not sure of the technicalities of why but emails were coming in but not going into the relevant pot to be worked.

The other was an internal issue. During a particularly busy spell, another area were helping out with the emails and there one or two teething problems.

Both issues have been sorted and we're back on track to make payments as before. We're fairly sure we've also re-captured the emails lost and made the necessary payments but if anyone reading this has emailed, particularly using a BT address, and not received their payment within the usual 10 working days please talk to our FIT team. Contact details are on our website.

Sorry for the inconvenience Ralpharoo and to anyone else reading this who were similarly affected.

Malc
heatherhopper

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:09:48 PM »

Seems that the "email problems" are quite widespread Malc. 
I have relied (rather foolishly I admit) on the email reminders from E.ON for submitting meter readings on-line. I missed the last reading "window" having not received a reminder and on querying this was told that the reminders "are not guaranteed". I have a BT email account so presumably both inward and outward emails are "bouncing" off in the wrong directions. Not a disaster since the payment will just rollover and I'm sure the small print will state my prime responsibility anyway but a little irritating. I will, of course, submit the readings without prompting in future.
Generally the service from E.ON has been good, after the obligatory farcical system commissioning period, with very helpful staff but you clearly have issues (rather like most large organisations I would say) with automated systems. Another laughable example being the complete inability of the system to deal with the (not exactly unpredictable) variance in Wind Turbine generation which has always required manual intervention involving my time and the attention of at least two layers of your staff. Do these automated systems (and the time spent dealing with their failings and general maintenance) really enhance efficiency and save money compared to person, pen, paper and a degree of common sense? Call me luddite but I think not, and then again I'm not the CEO or whoever who authorised the expenditure.

Off grid AC coupled, 6kW Proven, 2.8kW PV, SMA SI/SB/WB Inverters, 4x576ah Rolls batteries @ 24v, 25kW Biomass Boiler, Wood Stoves, Spring/Well water. Sorry planet - I did try.
book_woorm

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »

Personally I think they are in a mess. Also had issues in the past with not being paid despite sending in the readings. Seams their systems can't cope with Export meters either, so I can't go onto their web page and fill in the numbers, Generation meters that only have 4 digits and a host of other things. God help us when 'smart meters' are rolled out.

2.4 Kw Kyocera Panels (west facing) Feronius inverter; Sonenkraft Solar Thermal with Twin 180Lt & 280 Lt Thermal Stores; SAP 'A' rated property with UFH & wood burner. Full weather compensation on the UFH buffer temperature & differential controller decides where the heat from the wood burner goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: