navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn good Calc remover!  (Read 1147 times)
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« on: November 19, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »

Water hardness doubtless affects 80% of folk here on navitron by nature of location & geology.

Having spent WEEKS removing limescale from a kettle (spare) using nowt but vinegar & a lot of swirling but resenting the high price of "proper" tablets not being much cop I ordered an "interesting" product from a small uk company ..an industrial chemist the results were nigh on a mirrored kettle element cover, it is phenomonal, so thought i'd share it here for appraisal / discussion.

600g tub, 1 dose = 12 grammes.
Cannot be used for zinc nor enamel coated surfaces.

Good for you coffee machine spods! & certainly not "weak" like the citric acid based stuff.

The blurb on the back of the tub is written, intelligently compared to normal marketing speil, & the seller is very easy to contact if you have questions regarding potential use on this & that.
Clearly it contains some sulphuric acid along the line & does state necessary caution in use / application.

He does a few more products (I skimmed his other bits & bobs) ..however see this as having great soak solution potential for various items folk here may encounter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIMESCALE-REMOVER-DESCALER-KETTLE-CALSOLVE/dp/B01LWQ0YX4

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Nickel2

Sunny North-East Hampshire

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »

Looks good, I may try it when I run out of current stock. For many years I have used citric acid crystals from the wine-making shop to clean the kettle. (plastic + stainless steel). My primary use is for cleaning small components after silver-soldering, so as it is a bit stronger, it may be quicker.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
New (Old) 8S7P LiFe battery, 105Ah @ 26.4V
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 04:20:43 PM »

I would describe the "clean up" in terms of speed & ability like putting an anger fuelled  young mike tyson in the ring with a few hooded KKK members who'd been spouting forth mere moments before.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: