navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a tw@t (clay as a washing powder additive)  (Read 1351 times)
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« on: November 06, 2016, 12:47:11 PM »

So recently I either found out about the needless use of clay as a bulking agent in washing powder (washing machines) or had previously forgotten this unnecessary element  ...does this apply needlessly to dishwasher powder too therefore?

I'd previously assumed powder (in it's cardboard packaging less harmful than liquid with it's solid plastic packaging.

Spent yesterday draining the washing machine & cleaning the 4 stupidly pointless beds for the waste flow (butler sink & washer in the utility room) before reassembling & testing, today I'm tweaking the pipes fall to help the matter (it is very shallow).

Am I really to understand that powder is denser in order to satisfy consumer perspective or is there more to that?

& therefore what is the solution for the layman to de-sludge (prevention of pipe gunge) by use of which soap based on packaging  & performance?
Note: we use half the advised qty, wash cold / 30 degrees & do a 90c boil maintainance wash regularly to flush the machine of dog hair / gunk etc.

On the scale of things therefore, powder or liquid which is less damaging / lesser footprint?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:11:23 PM by MR GUS » Logged

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: