navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodgineering video reqd. Dyson DC16 battery pack teardown.  (Read 1975 times)
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« on: December 19, 2016, 07:19:54 PM »

I cannot find a video on opening this up to replace the original "crappy" 18650's that I understand were in it.

Anyone upgraded / opened it up, doubtless there are lugs holding the pack in place but not having luck opening it..

Appreciated. (yup I know there's upgrade packs, but thought i'd take a gander & maybe see whats going on / can be done.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Tigger

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:36:58 AM »

I found this when searching.....

Opening the battery pack is possible, I used tooth sticks to simultaneously hold the notches on all sides open.

Hope that helps Smiley

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »

Some images here may help you. There is always adhesive tape to make the job more difficult.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dyson+dc16+battery&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj81emWy4LRAhWVOFAKHYqzBewQ_AUICygD&biw=1024&bih=672

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
MR GUS

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »

Thanks, I found that also, however they didn't say where the clips were located, ..i'm notoriously kack-handed.

Stann, yup, sounds about right, the body of the dyson has cracked also (hmm) & the charger cable was such poor quality it has severed, the list gets longer.

Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Tigger

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »

I found a good one that shows how to butcher a DC31 DC34 DC35 DC44 battery, it's a good example of how not to Smiley

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
MR GUS

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »

& for my next trick, I shall eviscerate a pound of sausages  facepalm

Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
bxman

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »

Imagine how long it took him the first time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: