navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eco Eye PV Smart  (Read 119646 times)
ianh64
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2014, 05:26:14 AM »

Ive got optimmersion and EcoEye. Optimmersion does the basic functions of EcoEye but is ugly as anything and you wouldn't want it in you kitchen etc. But as well as controlling immersion, the wireless versions can control the optiplug devices but i cannot personally think of a use for one that the variable throttle cannot better control. Obviously optimmersion is more expensive and needs professional fitting if throttle is being used.
zod

« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »

So... has  anyone seen or used the total power TP-S610? for something that's been around for a couple of years nearly theres not that many reviews about, although its advertised for about 200 it seems to do quite a bit for the money, if it actually works as advertised!!

zod
bjp11scot

« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

Hello Forum Members
I have just arrived back after an extended period away from home
I dutifully inserted my data card into my computer expecting to see all the Eco-Eye readings over the past three months up till present day
Unfortunately after the data log was complete the information within the event log ended on 15 March!!
Nothing after that date was available
Can anyone advise me where I am going wrong?
Thanks to all and kind regards

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:40:04 PM by bjp11scot » Logged
Pugwash

« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »

You may have the same problem im having my ecoeye unit seems to be dropping the signal occasionally when it does this it just hangs until I press the
green button then it will good for a period of time I have fitted new batteries in bot transmitter and head unit but still happens occasionally there is less than 15 feet between my unit and transmitter this started to happen after running faultlessly for over a year in the same positions it is quite annoying 

Solar PV 4KW  16 x 250W Kinve panels Goodwe 3600 inverter Eco Eye Smart PV Monitor Solarimmersion mk3 http://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=20905&sid=18781
RayG

« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »

Same here communication with the sender is really hit and miss and very unreliable. Right now I feel it was a waste of the purchase price. I use a USB bluetooth device on the computer and its communication is rock solid and its three times further from the inverter than the eco-eye sender and base unit are apart and it has a floor and an extra brick wall as the crow files between the two.

Regards

RayG
PaulOckenden

« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »

Sorry for opening up a new thread, but there's already a lot of Eco-Eye expertise here.

Have any of you managed to 'sniff' and decode the 433Mhz data from the transmitter?

I really like the sensor bit of Eco-Eye - the fact that it senses voltage, so can cope with funny power factors, and knows the difference between import and export. That bit is brilliant - better than anything else I've found.

But I really don't like the display, and if I want to log the data I find the serial lead really clunky. So it would be great to just be able to sniff the data using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino or similar.

Anyone tried?

Thanks,

P.
morrisok

« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »

Hi Paul,

I've not done that but there is no reason you can't use the raspberry pi to pull the data from the eco-eye display using the USB cable.  I have one plugged into my NAS box doing exactly that, its stuffed down the back of my sofa which is great apart from every now and again it loses connectivity with the transmitter and I need to push a couple of buttons to get it to re-connect.

Would be interested to know if you manage to do it though.

Kevin
PaulOckenden

« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »

I suppose that could be a last resort. But it just feels wrong. It's 2016 - we shouldn't be pulling data from wireless devices using serial cables!

P.
kanulondon

« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2016, 08:49:29 PM »

Has anyone tried the EnergyHive Hub?

https://www.eco-eye.com/energyhive-real-time-hub

I have my Eco Eye connected to a homeserver but it still ocassionally drops the signal though it's a lot better in the winter than summer for dropped signals (for some reason). I wonder if this EnergyHive feeds PVOutput?

South Queensferry, Scotland 3.920kW, 16 x REC245PEI 245 W, Aurora PVI-3.6-TL-OUTD
http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=8164&sid=12485
TheFairway
« Reply #309 on: December 22, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »

When you say it drops the signal, are yiu talking about between transmitter and display? Ie display loses the antenna icon until you press one of the buttons on left of display?

One of the reasons for this seems to be instability in the power supply - i run my transmitter on a transformer so dont know if its due to the transformer temporarily tripping out of something on the clamp side. On really bad outages, i have needed to reboot the transmitter but thankfully these dont happen that often. Thankfully pvoutput notices outages > 15 minutes and emails me so i can act at earliest opportunity.

The energy hive hub looks to be possibly energy hive specific but give ecoeye a call - they are quite helpful.

My Raspberry Pi solution (ianh64's pvs2pvo original version) has been running 24/7 since mid April (a planned upgrade of the Raspberry Pi UPS firmware) and its only missed a few sets of data. Im so pleased with reliability that I have not bothered to install my next development version which will buffer internet outages and allows other sensors to be monitored. I dont think the energy hive offering will do a better job.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:18:27 AM by TheFairway » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: