navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solax invertor and Save Heat and Energy  (Read 1260 times)
agw53

« on: January 04, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »

Had a new system installed in Feb by Save heat and energy ltd . A Solax inverter was fitted.
Before Christmas the system went into fault mode. ''DC INJ FAULT'' and has not worked for 2 weeks.
Have a 20 year warranty, but Solax will not talk to an end user. Save Heat and Energy say they will get an electrician out when thet see his diary.
I could do without the stress of this,Antone got any ideas, Please bear in mind that I am not an expert or an electrician. I just want a system that works
Thanks

Alan
RIT

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »

Had a new system installed in Feb by Save heat and energy ltd . A Solax inverter was fitted.
Before Christmas the system went into fault mode. ''DC INJ FAULT'' and has not worked for 2 weeks.
Have a 20 year warranty, but Solax will not talk to an end user. Save Heat and Energy say they will get an electrician out when thet see his diary.
I could do without the stress of this,Antone got any ideas, Please bear in mind that I am not an expert or an electrician. I just want a system that works
Thanks

Alan

The fault mode is described as "DC component over rating in AC output" which is not very helpful unless you have a detailed understanding of what the Chinese engineer was trying to express when writing the original manual before its translation.

I fear you will have to wait for them to send their staff member.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
rogeriko

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:39 PM »

Right now you wont be generating much anyway lucky if you get 20p a day so I wouldnt worry about it.

DaveF

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »

Right now you wont be generating much anyway lucky if you get 20p a day so I wouldnt worry about it.

That all depends on each individual day. Over the holiday period, my generation has seen days less than 0.5 Kwh and 2 days over 8Kwh albeit from 6.5Kw of panels. Winter can still throw up the odd reasonable output when the skies clear and I would have hoped the installer would have been more helpful.

Have you tried 'switching it off-then on again'? Just switch the AC isolator off for 30seconds-then on again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: