navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Growatt SP2000 Storage System  (Read 6704 times)
Mike123

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

Hi
I have the Shine software for the SP2000 but wondering where I can get the firmware? There is a FW Update button in the software but it simply requests the firmware's file location
Many thanks
Fionn

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2017, 01:05:50 PM »

Did anyone find out if the older units are firmware upgradeable to support forced discharge?
Are there any other good DC coupled units out there?
Mike123

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »

Old unit are NOT upgradeable. I contacted Neil at Growatt UK and he sent me the latest firmware, which took an age to upload (many failures, then it eventually took about 10 hours to do just the .bin file). Then the display was just dark on line 1 and empty on line 2. Unit didn't charge. Poo'ed myself. Contacted Neil again and he then advised that only certain builds can do Forced Discharge. Fortunately he had old firmware that got my unit working again, but it is unable to be upgraded to do Forced Discharge

He said:
"The one file is for internal control and the other is for display/comms functions.

The serial number for forced discharge are 8Q....., 5D......, 5DZ......"

I contacted Midsummer Wholesale and they will sell you a new SP2000 or an SP3000 inverter (the latter being only 20 more, and can charge on E7 electric, but that will mess up your FiT)
Westie

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »

Old unit are NOT upgradeable. I contacted Neil at Growatt UK and he sent me the latest firmware, which took an age to upload (many failures, then it eventually took about 10 hours to do just the .bin file). Then the display was just dark on line 1 and empty on line 2. Unit didn't charge. Poo'ed myself. Contacted Neil again and he then advised that only certain builds can do Forced Discharge. Fortunately he had old firmware that got my unit working again, but it is unable to be upgraded to do Forced Discharge

He said:
"The one file is for internal control and the other is for display/comms functions.

The serial number for forced discharge are 8Q....., 5D......, 5DZ......"

I contacted Midsummer Wholesale and they will sell you a new SP2000 or an SP3000 inverter (the latter being only 20 more, and can charge on E7 electric, but that will mess up your FiT)

Good to know thanks for the info.  I've been hanging on for the 3000 as it has two trackers. I've read that the ability to charge the battery from an AC source as well as the PV was now disabled in order for it to be sold in the UK. AFAIK this can be enabled by Growatt should you have a non-FiT installation. That feature would be ideal to timeshift over winter months. BTW -  battery are you using?

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. KTM E-Bike  Cool
Mike123

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:06 AM »

I'm using the 5kwh battery that came with the Growatt. I have 2 units bought second hand for 850.00 each which seemed like a pretty good deal to me. But when you take *optionally* replacing the inverter into account, perhaps not such a good deal after all
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: