navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fs: Woodwarm Fireview 20kw flat top - PRICE DROP 28/04/17  (Read 4507 times)
julian

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »

The bit that im bothered by is the main door catch.

The thread is loose in the casting.  I thought that the casting should be threaded, so as the door catch tightens in on the opening.

However, there is that spring there, so I'm wondering if that is part of it instead. There's no damage to any of it, so its not like its taken a knock or anything, i just cant see how it works -  maybe ill call woodwarm and get the word from them.

I know the glass is missing, but that's just a case of going to a shop and giving them some money.  Id rather be sure about the catch though.

Custom CNC engraved control panels for diy projects - http://thebeast.co.uk/?page_id=21
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »

Hi Julian,
       Surely the people that you bought it off would be glad to help.?

Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
julian

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »

I purchased it quite a collection of years ago.  I was going to install it here, but its just too large.  So then i kept it as my folks were talking of building, and i was going to give it them... but they've been 'sold' a sealed system running off an oil boiler, and their chap seems to be reluctant to get involved.

I called woodwarm a short while ago, and they told me to check a few things, and, if need be, bring it in to them (i am close enough to them that i dont have to put in an area code to call them...)

I also got a quote off them for the glass - just under 120 ex vat (which is actually cheaper than i thought) - but again, i see little point in doing that before it gets moved (and my asking price takes account of that)

Custom CNC engraved control panels for diy projects - http://thebeast.co.uk/?page_id=21
guydewdney

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 09:22:52 PM »

I think the wobbly washer is for the trickle vent on the left? You appear to be missing the vent control on the left too?

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
julian

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:05 PM »

I have the vent wheel, its just not in any of the photos (I mentioned earlier that I had it)

I'll investigate the washer.

Thank you!

julian

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »

Im going to take the price on this down to 850

Remember that you will need new glass (120 ex) and woodwarm have quoted 35 for the door catch.

I can deliver the whole stove to woodwarm for works, assuming they are happy to paletise and ship on to you (that's between you and them)

CrowMan

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

I wish I needed it as that's a great piece of kit for the price. I have one already and they are a beast of a stove....
Big enough to be able to stack it full of logs on a morning and leave it all day ticking over. Stack them in again on an evening and it goes all night.
They take a 27" long log if my memory serves me correct.
The door catch is on a threaded bar so as the sealing rope thins over time you just put an extra turn on the door catch.
The "almost circular" plate is the trickle vent.
The dial knob is off the top of the thermostatic flap air vent thingy on the back left corner. I think that feeds the airwash system keeping the glass clear.
I suspect the springs are for the grate as you can turn the grate bars flat (closed) for burning wood, or have the grate open (vented) for coal, coke etc. i.e. it is a multifuel stove.
The split saddle boilers are replaceable, unlike some cast stoves where when they wear out you have to replace the whole stove. These you just replace the boiler.

I've had mine in 7 years or so and its great.
Just make sure you have a good big log pile if you have it going full chat!
julian

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:42 AM »

Ive been lazy with this, and its still lurking here.  The middle of summer is the wrong time to try and sell a stove (but, conversely, exactly when people should be thinking of installing them - but humans, inc. myself, are never that sensible!)

Anyway, i thought i would "bump" this thread...

Thank you,
Julian

julian

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »

Stove now sold.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: