navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My PowerVault - small milestone  (Read 12735 times)
M

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2019, 06:04:58 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks it looks just like a chest freezer? But Kudos for the trendy looking wall mounted water butt to the left.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
RIT

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »

It is a lot bigger in real life than it seems from the website that's true.

It was more the type of plastic used that got my attention. Their web site images indicate a matt finish, while your photo indicates a gloss/reflective finish. The result I guess would be something that looks a lot like an out of place 70's piece of furniture when placed inside a home.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Sprinter

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »

I certainly wouldn't want it in the house, i said previously that i preferred the white goods look of the previous model but its fine hiding in the garage quietly shaking its stuff in the background.

Tiff

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2019, 10:03:54 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks it looks just like a chest freezer? But Kudos for the trendy looking wall mounted water butt to the left.

Water butt? How daft you are at times. Thats not a water butt,its stackable storage crates, all the rage these days.
Iain

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »

Hi

Thats where the fun started, they no longer produce the PowerVault 2 and carried no spares to fix it, they did offer to replace it with a PowerVault 3 but they only come in 4, 8 or larger capacities, so the options given were to drop down to a 4Kwh and they would replace it with a PV3 system or pay extra for another 2Kwh expansion and they would replace my PV2 with an 8Kwh PV3 system, that is almost the option i went for, in fact i have asked them to upgrade TO the 12Kwh system (cost an extra 500) so that i can expand it to 12Kwh in the future if i wish too.

Well I am now in that position!!

G200 installed May 2018

Started having issues with batteries loosing capacity and they were changed Feb 2019. The cells go out of balance and I have been told they use passive balancing which obviously doesn't work.

Replacement batteries are now out of balance and therefore have lower capacity.

They have offered me a Powervault 3 as a replacement but don't seem to have allowed much against the old G200 unit!

When the scheme started we were offered the Pv3 but with the second life batteries for the same price. I decided on the 200 as it has the emergency outlet and the 3 did not.

I seem to have the option of keeping the G200 and have replacement batteries every 6 months or pay more money to "Upgrade" to the Pv3.
Think I will have to have a chat with them.

Not too happy at present.
Apparently the Pv3 has active cell balancing so the batteries should not be an issue.

Iain
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:01:58 AM by Iain » Logged

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Sprinter

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2019, 10:23:50 AM »

They shouldnt be allowing you anything against a new system, they should be fixing it, or replacing it with a like for like system.

PM sent though
dan_b

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »

Yeah that doesn't sound right at all - if the G200 batteries are already failing after replacement just 6 months ago, they should be replacing the whole unit like with like, not expecting you to pay the difference, or indeed offer you a full refund.  Sales of Goods Act, Statutory Rights and all that.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
Iain

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2019, 04:09:39 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the replies. My thoughts exactly. Just putting together an email to them in slow time.

iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: