navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onzo Delivers! - (at last)  (Read 77040 times)
Eccentric Anomaly

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

http://jack-kelly.com/nonintrusive_load_monitoring_toolkit_nilmtk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:14:10 PM by Eccentric Anomaly » Logged

He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense - John McCarthy.
GrahamW

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »

Yes, he is a route into a whole load of interesting stuff on disaggregation, one aim is to feed the Onzo data into that toolkit
llama

« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »

Bit of a thread resurrection but i'm hoping at least someone still uses the Onzo electricity monitors? Anyhow I've just bought a "new" one from ebay and reading about all the battery leak issues I will recycle the supplied battery packs.

So to replace the transmitter batteries do these need to be replaced with rechargeable (ni-mh) AAA's or standard alkaline? I recall reading something about trickle charging the pack from the power cable?

Also interested to read that I can output the data to my server which is handy,

thanks!
JohnS

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2015, 10:16:40 PM »

Don't know.  My Onzo packed up when it was just over a year old.  No response from the company.

Waste of Time and Money.

2.1kWp solar PV
jaknz

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »

Hi guys, late jumping in here, but I have access to boxes full of Onzos that were never put into service. Short version is a guy in our Makerspace works for an energy company, and they need to dump them. We would like to use them in our community, but haven't had much luck getting data out of them yet. Did anyone end up publishing code the code that you were using to dump these readers? If so, would you mind sharing? Cheers!

San,
the first thing you need is the dumper program from enrab4, this gets the data from the Onzo and stores it as a text file. Once you have that I can help with a java program that will interpret the text file to draw the graphs and smooth the data
Regards
   Graham
en4rab

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »

jaknz you can get the patched onzo downloader here:
https://www.en4rab.co.uk/onzo/

Its been ages since i messed with it, from memory the only difference between iplan_dumper.zip and onzo_dumper_date.zip is the format of the date in the csv file it generates.
I think one is in unix time and the other in date and time.
The source zip is the patched uncompyled app if you want to make your own changes, you can turn it back into an exe using py2exe.
jaknz

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:09 PM »

Great, thanks! I'll play with it soon. Smiley
tomtastic

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2017, 12:01:15 PM »

Well, seven years late to the party, but just received a nice 7 orange Onzo from ebay!

The ebay seller had sadly removed the sensors rechargeable battery pack and the 5V USB mains adaptor, but left the rechargeable pack in the display unit.
Though it's nice to see some homebrew software to pull data from the display unit, I'm approaching this from the RF side, and hope to decode the signals sent from the sensor itself using a cheap USB 'DVB' software defined radio.

I've seen comments that the Onzo might be using Zigbee, but that can't be the case as the frequency in use is 433MHz.
I wonder what the modulation is, OOK?, FSK?
tomtastic

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

Well I see packets from the Onzo at about 433.925MHz, they get very busy during 'pairing' of the display and sensor, and for a short time after pairing appears to have finished, I wonder if this is transferring some saved historical data from the sensor?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:10:29 PM by tomtastic » Logged
pete456

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2017, 09:09:24 AM »

I realize this is a very old thread but these meters are now being sold for 6 on ebay so I have purchased one. My plan is to use two, one for my import and one for the output of my solar farm! with the intention of collecting and retaining the data myself. This seems a lot cheaper than the emonpi (170!) I see that there is an uploader (dump) https://www.en4rab.co.uk/onzo/ tool that is built with python for windows. This appears to work.

I have tried to get this to run on my (preferred) system which is linux without luck. Running it using wine fails and if I try to run it as a native python app it falls over looking for a so file (OnzoPyDisplays.so.1.0.0).   

I know enough (to be dangerous) that this is a compiled library file and as such I would need the appropriate library for my system so I guess I have a few questions. Does anyone know of a version of this app that would run natively on on linux, or where I could get a copy of the appropriate so library file or finally how I would go about compiling one myself.

Many thanks,

Pete.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: