navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Glastonbury, Strike by night, Find a pretty one!  (Read 1546 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« on: July 02, 2017, 10:03:06 AM »

Because we are on the route we received free tickets to our local music festival.
As always for those no longer in the first flush of youth  it is the fear of pulsating crowds that rather intimidates at music festivals, so it was with some trepidation that I set off with my free ticket for Susanne Vega.

Waste no time!
They are approaching.
Hurry now, we must protect ourselves and find some shelter
Strike by night!
They are defenceless.
They all need the sun to photosensitize their venom.

surrender

Helping at the local alpaca firm does have it's perks!

My new visitor

None of this has anything to do with sustainability but might take your mind off the unrelenting grimness of the news fingers crossed!

Kidwelly South Wales
Nickel2

North-East Hampshire

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »

As soon as I saw 'waste no time, they are approaching', it took me back to Genesis at Farnborough Tech main hall for the preview of their soon-to-be-released album 'Nursery Cryme'. (75p on the door, 1/4 bottle of Johnny Walker red-label 75p) I thought they were brilliant and went on to see them 5 times. Peter Gabriel went on to do other things and that finished the band for me. I saw Phill Collins genesis at Wembley conference centre in 1989(?), but left half way through.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
Nearly dead 24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
M

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »

Is it my imagination, or is the fence pointing out where the squirly is?

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »

Saw them several times in my youff. Totally agree great live band. Entirely agree with your views once Peter Gabriel left not worth watching, loved his rambling stories to introduce numbers.  Sad reminder how cheap it was to see great live music back in the day  Grin

Kidwelly South Wales
Westie

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »

Nice pix, I love Alpacas, we Welsh have a similar affection for sheep (involving the use of wellies I might add) We never perform the ceremony with ladies present though as they still get top priority.....well unless your from West Wales that is...   norfolk

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: