navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New house - advice requested  (Read 807 times)
djh

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 04:00:33 PM »

Also, I think that FIT holders are required to keep records of meter readings and dates for two ? years.  Ask for them.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that, or perhaps I had forgotten. So I went looking and according to http://tools.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generating-energy/Getting-money-back/Feed-In-Tariffs-scheme-FITs it's only one year's records, so I expect I can fake something up Smiley

Cheers, Dave
SnaxMuppet

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »

OK... I now have some details of the installation:

Fitted 14/02/12
15 panels x 250kWp =3750kWp total
East facing roof
Inverter.     SMA. SB4000TL
String details unknown at this stage
Generation. Last year - Total units 3169

My immediate thoughts (I may be wrong in these thoughts as I am certaily no expert!):

- Using PVGIS data this isn't much below the PVGIS predicted generation values for our location and azimuth (100)
- Given that the system is east facing I would have thought that the SMA 4000 was bigger than it could have been but seems to be working quite well as it is.
- clearly, any shading from the chimney isn't having a big effect

Given this I am inclined to leave well alone and enjoy the free electricity and FiT Smiley Am I wrong?

M

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

Hiya. For East facing I'd say that's pretty damn good. Without going into any specifics a simple 80% of 1,000kWh/kWp would be 3,000kWh's, so looking really good. I think the 4000TL range have the optismart something something shading software, so looks like it's doing what it says it does.

Are you wrong to 'not bu99er about with it'? Well I wouldn't, not with 3,169kWh pa.  Cool

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE4000 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
RIT

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »

That's right on the money when compared to my 2.4Kw east facing system which manages around 2000kWh pa.

Do you have any Android devices, if so you may like to look at

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.oxleyws.solar.pro

This is a nice app for getting stats from the inverter, it can also upload them to pvoutput.org for results like this

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=49083&sid=44708&dt=20170717

That just happens to be the output graph for yesterday, which is one of my best days ever.

If you purchase the app you can install it on all devices, I run it full time on an old table, but also have it on a TV box and my phone.

The size of the inverter at 4000W is not that out of place. At the time of installation I do not think the 3600 was shipping, in many ways its existence is due to the enforcing of the 16A output limit that has since become common. There is just about no price difference between the 3600 and 4000.

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Sean

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »

Another vote for the Oxley app - I've got it running on an original Hudl, talking to 4 inverters - it's been faultless for months.

It'll populate PVoutput with whatever historical data the inverter has stored - and allow you to view your generation directly from PVoutput on  other net connected android devices.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:35:17 PM by Sean » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: