navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washing machine common sense  (Read 1581 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 05:52:54 AM »

Last big bit broken in bits and used as a broken stone substitution at the bottom of a big planter. Not an ideal.
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »

We are long past the point where "recycling facilities" should be burying this crud, the technology to simply steam the poly to a mere fraction of itself has been around for ages, ..infuriating.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 05:49:40 PM »

I try to avoid big bits of expanded PS. If the need does arise, a quick zoom-over with the blow-torch reduces it to a small pebble.

Of course it'll work. (I hope).
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »

Thanks Nickel, we were transporting the units from the Whirlpool factory (& shop) in P/boro via the little merc it's as they come no choice in packaging, however I did manage to liberate some wood from their skips where others had left the new packaging from various bits n pieces, small action, but...

I felt a little better that the units had come from within the uk (whatever that means these days ie the british mini is so in/ out components wise) so the footprint was possibly a tad smaller than that of a bosch (as well as several hundred quid cheaper).

At least that was the well meaning theory.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
Westie

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 05:56:33 PM »

I try to avoid big bits of expanded PS. If the need does arise, a quick zoom-over with the blow-torch reduces it to a small pebble.

If you pour petrol on polystyrene it melts before your eyes, a  gel is formed which is called called Napalm  sh*tfan

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. KTM E-Bike  Cool
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 05:55:42 AM »

tomatosplat"I love the smell of napalm in the morning" tomatosplat

Time for a rethink!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: