navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio 4 labelled "ignorant" & "irresponsible" for giving airtime to Lord Lawson  (Read 1704 times)
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:37 PM »

Rules are made to be broken, and it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I still view the BBC as the backbone of broadcasting for the UK, despite some of the crass stupidity of some of the reporters. The editing standard of the news web-pages is almost up to junior-school standard in some places, with spelling and grammar mistakes in abundance. (I am allowed to make mistakes because I am not being paid Wink : I'm not a full-time pedant, but after years in inspection, mistokes light up on the page as if highlighted with fluorescent marker pen.)
When I listen to some of the carp broadcasting the off-button is always close to hand.
 tomatosplat
N

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
2 ten year old Armasafe tank batteries
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
TheFairway

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 06:43:10 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41744344

3.995kWp SE PV. 5kW Burley Hollywell woodburner. Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus MVHR

All posts are my own personal thoughts and opinions and do not represent those of my employer, clients or partners.

M

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 07:42:53 AM »

In 2014 the BBC Trust stated the corporation has "a duty to reflect the weight of scientific agreement but it should also reflect the existence of critical views appropriately".

I accept the need to be balanced when there are two 'strong' but opposing views. But Shirley we've reached the point where AGW denial is not a strong view, but akin to moon-landing deniers.

So if time is given to such folk (no idea why) then perhaps a regular disclaimer should be stated every few minutes that the vast majority, (nearly unanimous consensus), of scientific opinion disagrees with them.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
dimengineer

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

If the Beeb did it right, it would allow people like Lawson to hang themselves. I'm of the view that its better to have people like him on a premier news slot than not.
The one proviso is that the Beeb has to do it right - let the buggers hang themselves. Unfortunately John Humphries and Nick Robinson both go into such an attack dog overdrive that I always end up screaming at the both of them to shut up, with 2 results - either I end up feeling sorry for the interviewee, or just turning the damn thing off.

More contentiously, the Green/Environmentalist side of the argument don't help themselves either, as too often they exaggerate. How many times in the last 20 years have I heard the claim "We've only got 24 months, (or 3 years, or whatever) to save the world"

21 tube Kloben Panel/250L Megaflow, 1.68kWp Solar PV - 7 x 240W Sanyo Panels. Morso Squirrel WBS
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »

It would be easier if Humphries just interviewed himself!

I think fondly of Jimmy Young whose softly softly approach often got answers far more than the bulldog attitude. The victims would relax and reveal far more than intended.

M are you saying the climate change denying president of the USA is an idiot!! Indeed certifiable!  snow
Expect a drone strike Grin
M

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »

M are you saying the climate change denying president of the USA is an idiot!! Indeed certifiable!  snow
Expect a drone strike Grin

When it comes to the mango-in-chief I prefer the description his Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used when he called him a F'ing Moron.

Trump says the US can't afford to pay $2-$3bn pa into the Paris Accord, but I can think of one way to fund it:-

Subsidy plan for coal and nuclear plants 'will cost US taxpayers $10.6bn a year'

Edit - If you like a good laugh have a look at Vicente Fox's campaign ad for US President - he's an ex Mexican President, it's fabulous!

https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=-ukv9v7IGZw
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:59:16 AM by M » Logged

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: