navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want an 85kWh Tesla battery pack?  (Read 1237 times)
dan_b

« on: August 18, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1014114-00-d-Battery-Battery-Pack-Battery-Package-85kWh-TESLA-MODEL-S-P85-/152652024915?fits=Car+Make%3ATesla&hash=item238ac50c53:g:MS0AAOSwzWpZjB2k

This chap's selling one - he's in Germany!
Could build quite a few homebrew PowerWalls with that - or indeed a homebrew DIY electric car conversion!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »

better off buying nissan leafs (for instance) from Norway after a normal winter, ...lots of battery packs.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »

Disgraceful !!!,
           I am being victimized for being too inquisitive. Somewhere in Germany there is a guy feeling smug, having waited till I was about to boot up and kicked the price up to 18,000 euros.
  And,, "Does not Post To Oireland"    Well I never........ Pass me the Blackberry Bang Stann,  maybe not,reminds me of a story i hear many years ago about two American visitors to Dublin.
 They were walking along O,Connells Street and saw this big neon advertising sign, saying "ANDREWS RESTORES LOST YOUTH "  So they went into the nearest bar and ordered two pints of Andrews.
 After the 4th pint each, one of them said to the other,,This stuff actually works, I have just done something that I have,nt done since i was in nappies.
  I just dream of the lovely big lead acid forkie cells that I could buy with 18,000euros and maybe afford a posh holiday in Lagos with the change.
                                                  Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
dan_b

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »

Biff, have you been on the Guinness?!

It does show you how much of the value/cost of an electric car is tied up in its battery pack though doesn't it - second hand and still 18k.

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »

Hi Dan,
    Nope,!  Guinness and me did not agree but most of my friends drank it, I went for Harp lager or Smithwicks ale with Hennessy. Then when my kids began to go to secondary, money was short for fees and I had to pack it all in. The Guinness used to lie in my gut like treacle. My old man could put it away ok. Grin.
The odd thing was, I was pals with a house full of Welsh girls and used to meet them in Colmans in Rathgar on a Friday evening. They all drank pints of Guinness, Two of them were the nieces of a Bishop in Liverpool hysteria. They were a rowdy rugger lot and great gas. 1969  Cry Cry.
                                                                            Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
dan_b

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 01:01:42 PM »

Nissan Leaf battery pack here for 4k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-NISSAN-LEAF-22340-MILES-BATTERY-/301814995845?fits=Car+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3ALeaf&epid=1672633518&hash=item4645935b85:g:y~0AAOSwAPlXg4fC

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
dan_b

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »

Or here, this one's better value - 24kWh, younger car, less money, fewer miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Nissan-Leaf-24-kWh-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Pack-Low-Mileage-5892-Miles-/263104763011?hash=item3d42441483:g:wx4AAOSw5h5ZdeT5

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: