navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you want to follow the R&D behind a battery 'solution' follow this guy  (Read 1657 times)
RIT

« on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:43 AM »

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp5mYBX6ziM

Robert Murry-Smith is a UK inventor who has a whole host of youtube videos looking at the battery and supercapacitor ideas he has been researching. I've no real idea if his ideas have a future, but be provides a hell of a lot of general background to the process.

This video details his latest idea/plan and gives some indication of the expenditure needed to even start the process of building real life battery cells to perform tests on.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:14:05 AM by RIT » Logged

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
going green

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »

any link ?
marshman

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »

It's there but hidden. It's a problem with the forum software that has been looked into but can't easily be fixed.

To see it either hit "reply" and you'll see it or click on the "print" button, Again you will be able to see it and you can cut and past it into the address bar on your browser.

www.youtube      .com/watch?v=Xp5mYBX6ziM

I have cut and paste it above and put in some spaces to make it visible.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »

Start up YouTube, type in < Robert Murray-Smith > . Interesting research, interesting bloke to talk to. Worth watching.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
2 ten year old Armasafe tank batteries
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
djh

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »

If you search the web for his name, you'll find a lot of different opinions of him. I have no idea who is right; he seems very plausible.

Cheers, Dave
RIT

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 10:14:41 AM »

Sorry I forgot about the small complication that the web site currently has.

Yes, there does seem to be a wide range of comments about Robert Murray-Smith across the internet. I think the key thing about his videos is he does detail a lot of general back ground about the hows and whys of battery development. Its far to early to say if his solution has long term value, but you do get a chance to watch as a work in progress project.

The thing that seems to be missing in his current published videos is any automated repeatable testing process that can be repeated 24x7 to get long term results. I've no idea if such tests are being carried out away from the public videos.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:31:22 AM by RIT » Logged

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: