navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else have one of these A-rated circulation pumps?  (Read 1060 times)
Philip R

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 08:00:07 PM »

Hi Woodstove,
When I mentioned the Fernox TF1, That was the collective of the TF1 ( Upside down bottle) and the TF1 Compact.

I use the Fernox TF1 compacts where space is lacking or a smaller heating system, or a system that I know to be not too dirty in terms of retained muck.
I think they are a good device.

Hi Antman,
Thankyou for the feedback on the current sensing algorhthyms being used to control to pump speed/ flow.
I agree with the electronics contained in a hot ambient environment, destined to fail and die young. It is the Arrenius equation at work, foe every 8 deg C temperature rise, the life is halved. ( Applies to electrical insulation life and chemical process reaction rates.)

The electronics would last if remote from the hot motor, by a few more inches. The problem then is that of radiated emf from the connecting leads. Then the device would fail the emc directive and not get a CE mark. Maybe that is why the Wilo Yonos pico pumps have peculiar looking overhanging control boxes on their pumps.

I have taken a few standard failed UPS pumps apart when failed. Mostly due to capacitor failure, not that of the windings or bearings. Must admit, I would fit a new pump or head, not muck about fixing it. as cannot be guaranteed. Never had a failed Grundfos Alpha or Wilo Yonos Pico. If found failed , would asume that electronics had failed. They are robot assembled circuits using Surface mounted devices as Antman has stated. With these you would need microscope eyes to see the component Number and a steady hand to do anything with it. Soldering iron is out the question!

Philip R
woodstove

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »

Thanks Steve and Philip.

After much consideration I decided to go for a 28mm TF1 Omega, the all metal construction and simple design made it the logical choice.

Now just need to decide where to install it, but I guess it'll work equally well anywhere?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: