navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunny Boy Bluetooth problem.  (Read 985 times)
atc40

« on: September 16, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »

I have a SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF inverter on my system and have always checked its output, via Blootooth, on my Windows computer. I have now changed to an Apple computer and have bought an SMA Sunny Beam to monitor the output, but i cannot get the Sunny Beam to detect the inverter. When checking the inverter i found that the blue LED indicating Bluetooth available was not on.
Can anyone please advise on how i can turn the Bluetooth function on the inverter on?
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »

It's a long time since I set mine up  whistlie
But from memory you have to make sure you select the correct Bluetooth Net ID for your inverter - Plant search should identify the available options assuming there is more than one SMA install in the immediate neighbourhood. Then your Plant should be shown in the display and you select by rotating and pushing the side knob.
If your windows PC worked OK then the inverter BT must already be enabled. But you will need to know the password to set the SB (default was 0000 IIRC).
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
atc40

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »

Thank you for that Antman, but the problem is that when doing a plant search on the Sunny Beam no inverter is detected, due to, I believe, the blue Bluetooth LED on the inverter not being lit.
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »

I believe it only lights when communication is in progress. Mine is not on 24-7 but SB comms is OK. It should light when it detects a 'contact call' from the Sunny Beam - even if the NetID is wrong.
SB has fairly short range through walls. Mine has to sit on a wardrobe in the bedroom nearest the garage - otherwise out of range indoors. Have you tried it next to the inverter?
The other possibility is other BT devices swamping the SB signal...
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
greentangerine

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »

I have to use two (SMA) Bluetooth extenders to get a signal from my inverters back to the Sunny Beam.

Changing your brand of computer etc isn't going to stop the inverter signal; use a Bluetooth scanner on your phone to check that it is visible or move the Sunny Beam closer to check.

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210 / SB2500)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P / SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250 / SB1600)
65 x Ř58mm SunnPro / Torrent T280 RE OV / SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn with 10,000 BTU boiler
immerSUN 2
PV Output
atc40

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »

Still struggling with this problem.
Have tried a Bluetooth scanner and it appears that the Sunny beam is not sending out a Bluetooth signal.
Further investigation under “Diagnostic” shows that the NetID is set to 0, Bluetooth is switched off.
So my question is, how do I turn it on to NettID 1, (status upon delivery)?
Have tried a reset but with no joy.
Hope someone can help.
Iain

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »

Hi
Have you tried the SMA helpline? They have been very helpful so far to me.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
http://www.bdpv.com/fiche_utilisateur_en.php?util=iain
http://www.sunnyportal.com/Templates/PublicPageOverview.aspx?plant=cba8d47f-bf09-4533-a105-4303b353f20f&splang=
supremetwo

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »

Still struggling with this problem.
Have tried a Bluetooth scanner and it appears that the Sunny beam is not sending out a Bluetooth signal.
Further investigation under “Diagnostic” shows that the NetID is set to 0, Bluetooth is switched off.
So my question is, how do I turn it on to NettID 1, (status upon delivery)?
Have tried a reset but with no joy.
Hope someone can help.
For Sunny Beam - you need 2-F.

From the manual:-
1 (Condition upon delivery)
Bluetooth is switched on.
The device cannot establish a connection to other inverters or SMA
--------------------------------
A connection to the Sunny Beam with Bluetooth is not possible.
-------------------------------------------
2 - F Bluetooth is switched on.
The device (inverter, SMA Bluetooth Repeater) can be interlink with all SMA Bluetooth products with the same NetID.

Page 11:- http://files.sma.de/dl/8584/BT-TEN100511.pdf

Switch position NetID setting Page 28:-
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/849602/Sma-Sunny-Boy-2000hf.html?page=28#manual
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:48:23 AM by supremetwo » Logged

atc40

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »

Thank you Iain and supremetwo for your replies. I have been in touch with SMA and you are quite right about the inverter Bluetooth setting, requires to be in position 2.
I had it in my mind that the Sunny Beam searches for the inverter, but in fact it is the inverter that searches for the Sunny Beam.
When I can get to the inverter I will change the setting from 1 to 2.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:34:49 PM by atc40 » Logged
offthegridandy

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »

It's good this Navitron eh!

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array permanently ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
0.75 Kw wind turbine H Piggot design 2.4 Mtr Dia
12 Mtr lattice Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 Kw WBS
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »

Grin,
     Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: