navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade Grid Connected Powerwall Design Questions  (Read 4504 times)
martin W

what do you mean my snoring is too loud!

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »

Doing a bit more reading and some sums....

time shifting around 2kWh per day will save around 22-35 year (depending on Economy 7 pricing), To make it 'slightly' cost effective over 10 years, I would need to time shift around 4kWh per day... Glad I'm just doing this for fun....

Obviously solar charging will help in the summer, but I'm probably limited to 500/600 watts or so of panels..
I've found out (realised) that the Limiting Grid tie inverter can be set to give a maximum output as well as limit. So the 1000 watt inverter can be limied to 500 watt output (or anything 0-1000watt) and will limit between 0-500 watt (if required). This would be kinder on a smaller battery pack with less amps drawn... Also its availible with 22-45v input and 230v output... which will make charging the battery packs easier (24v).

The 1000 watt output would be reduced to around 800 watt with a battery voltage of 28v, it needs over 30v for 1000 watt output...

Woodstove owner since Feb 2011 Tongue (yes it's finally off the pallet)
Solar Water Heating since 17th March 2009, 2.94kW PV since Dec 2011
Chicken Owner - Self sufficient in chicken c*@p, boy watch those tomatoes grow. Allotment owner since August 2011
Now an Lister wannabie Tongue
bxman

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »

Hi Martin
"
I've resurrected my Current cost Envir consumption meter and managed to get it working with some (very poor) software on the laptop. My night time base load seems to be around 300watt Shocked Huh "

you would not mind giving us some more details would you ?

a graph like that would be so useful

thanks Patrick
Fionn

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »

Is that the same BMS as this one reviewed on youtube ?

Yep,that's the exact one I have.
Sorry, didn't get reply notifications from this thread.
martin W

what do you mean my snoring is too loud!

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »

Patrick,

I have only just started using this again which was first time in several years....

the software I use is currentcost 0.9.30a... I must have downloaded it years ago. This is the link in the software https://code.google.com/archive/p/currentcostgui/

I also bought the usb adaptor from current cost and used the windows 7 driver...http://www.currentcost.com/software-downloads.html    again this was years ago

its blooming clunky and crashes almost every day at the moment.... But it does work for live stream.... It won't download hourly data from my envir... but it might be the envir.

It runs on python...and crashes a lot. I am using windows 10 and the pc is also runs soft ip cameras for me. You can highlight serveral hours in the software and see what your consumption is... i.e.. economy 7 times....

I tried using the C2 terminal... its prodces a xml stream which some online views could read, but I couldn't get it into excel, so it was of no use to me...

The current cost gui, will download a image of the graph and also produces a csv file (I haven't tried this in excel yet).

I could try to put the software up somewhere for you to download if you can't find it else where...

Woodstove owner since Feb 2011 Tongue (yes it's finally off the pallet)
Solar Water Heating since 17th March 2009, 2.94kW PV since Dec 2011
Chicken Owner - Self sufficient in chicken c*@p, boy watch those tomatoes grow. Allotment owner since August 2011
Now an Lister wannabie Tongue
bxman

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »

Martin 

Many thanks

I will have to dig out my bits from various boxes.

suspect I will be back probably demonstrating my incompetence  if you do not mind.

cheers Patrick
bxman

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »

Thanks Martin
found the bits eventually and downloaded the program

like you I am having the odd problem with the S/w  but   driver eventually installed and I am talking to the Envir

some helpful charts at times 

most grateful

PM sent
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: