navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home charge point fitting issues  (Read 3399 times)
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »

Just because a fuse holder says "100A" on the outside it doesn't follow that the actual fuse fitted is that size. I have seen plenty that are 80A in such circumstances. Getting it inspected (by view of the fuse itself) is the only sure way to tell.

Volunteer moderator
TheFairway
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:19 PM »

Its definately 100A as i was told it by the soarkie who removed it when henley block was fitted and the DNO guy who also removed it when they changed the meter and put the seal back on. The EV charge point people also knew it was 100A according to the records thay have access to, which also tallies with the MPAN. So i would be surprised if it really wasnt after two visual inspections and it being on record as such. Also i wouldnt be eligible for the trial if it wasn't which is on behalf of the DNO so they have a vested interest in making sure we were eligible before accepting us on the trial.

[edit]Just got the certificate paperwork from cooker install when master house fuse was removed it that states primary supply as TN-S, BS/EN 1361, type II, rated current 100A and short circuit capacity as 33kA - hoping though that the particulars of installation at origin that shows max demand load relates to the cookers MCB - it matches. All work was done to BS7671/2008.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:35:06 AM by TheFairway » Logged
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »

Sure that's Ok, as long as it is based on recent visual inspection of the fuse itself and not just the casing it is in or a label attached to it.

Volunteer moderator
linesrg

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »

Good Morning All,

As the 12th January approaches I hope there will be no last minute headaches with the fitting of our 32A charge point...............

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: