navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look wot we got!  (Read 7843 times)
gnarly

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »

It’s a really interesting question to try to define what it is about an electric car that is so “enjoyable”... perhaps
* totally smooth at all times
* no clutch work required (and far nicer than automatics too)
* much better in stop/start traffic or slow eg. Around town
* silent engine
* instant torque when you press the accelerator

Everyone should try one!
brackwell

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2018, 08:28:48 AM »

All EVs are on extended waiting list partly because of a underestimation of demand but partly the manufacturers do not really want to produce such a loss making car.  In VWs case the e golf must be loss making but it is a compliance car required by EU pollution levels on car manufacturers so they produce just enough to allow them to sell there very profitable FF cars.  Producing some EVs does allow them to become involved and keep the name in the EV market until such times as it becomes profitable from a production and supply point of view.

I have had my P Ion for 2 yrs during which time it has gone up in value, no maintenance (except 2 tyres and a wiper blade) ,no road tax,no fuel as it charged by PV  = zero cost motoring- happy

Whats the unique feature is the one pedal operation as the regen slows the vehicle down without constantly having to jab the brakes (another cost saving).  Like motorbike riding in some ways.

Ken
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:32:50 AM by brackwell » Logged
Tiff

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 10:30:30 AM »

It’s a really interesting question to try to define what it is about an electric car that is so “enjoyable”... perhaps
* totally smooth at all times
* no clutch work required (and far nicer than automatics too)
* much better in stop/start traffic or slow eg. Around town
* silent engine
* instant torque when you press the accelerator

Everyone should try one!

Yep, this is what will get EVs mainstream rather than environmental concerns.

Once you have totally wasted a few boy racers at the traffic light grand prix with no effort and in complete silence there is no going back.

Childish? Yes, but that's the kind of thing that a lot (not all) people buy cars on - image, performance, over sized alloy wheels, gadgets, keeping up with the Jones etc.
linesrg

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:57 PM »

Good Morning All,

We've been running the Zoe for 2.75 months now and are managing to keep within the 833.3miles 'allowed' per month. Operating costs have 'risen' to 0.9p per mile as we are charging more at home currently (school holidays).

The kwhr per miles figure is currently averaging out at 0.242.

No issues and it is still the vehicle I'd prefer to drive rather than the Skoda. Overall I'd still prefer the Discovery (Td5 Auto) mainly for the room and 'view' but it only comes out when necessary.

Regards

Richard
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:19:42 PM by linesrg » Logged

16 BP380 on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000/SB1700, 16 Chinese 80W/SB1700, 16 BP380/SMA SB1700. CTC GSi12 + Ecosol + Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3 Navitron 4720AL solar ET panels and Immersun T1060/ T1070/ T1090. 7 Tianwei 235W/ Aurora PVI 3.6kW/ Growatt SP2000 c/w 5kWhr battery and a Renault Zoe
GarethC

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2018, 02:22:45 PM »

60 kWh (or so) Leaf confirmed for next year (fingers crossed for Env200 too). With Hyundai Kona, Kia Niro and Model 3, that's four models of minimum 150 miles range which should all be available for less than £30k as of next year. Tipping point approaching I think.
Westie

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »

60 kWh (or so) Leaf confirmed for next year (fingers crossed for Env200 too). With Hyundai Kona, Kia Niro and Model 3, that's four models of minimum 150 miles range which should all be available for less than £30k as of next year. Tipping point approaching I think.
Yes, especially with recent news that BP and Shell will start deploying their own superchargers.....

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
DonL

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »

Invested in the second generation Nissan Leaf a couple of months ago and I can confirm it is brilliant. The driving experience was a revelation. In e pedal mode you rarely even use the brake. Hill starts - just press the pedal, see a gap in the traffic - just press the pedal. Torque right from stop. The whole experience is really calm and quiet but with the power if you need it (110kW).
The 42kWh battery gives an indicated range over 170 miles and electricity consumption has been 0.208kWh/mile since day one.
Don't hesitate, the future is here.
Don
PS I'm not employed by Nissan I have really been blown away by this car!

Schuco solar hot water - 3300kWh/annum, 16 BP 4175N PV panels - 2.8kWp, log burner and back boiler and 18 Ying Li 235 PV panels - 4.2kWp, 42kW ground mount PV, 9kW Panasonic ASHP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: