navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wood pellet supply  (Read 4169 times)
chasfromnorfolk

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »

still in eu so assume the same spec.
you can buy in bulk but most collect bags, my friend (french) says he uses 1 bag a day in winter to heat all the house, not water, french cant get head round wood water heating.
so my calcs say this is Ä230 a ton.
we have used in our wood burner early season.
the compressed logs here seem expensive, are they?
https://www.bricodepot.fr/alencon-arconnay/buche-de-bois-compresse-l-28cm--9cm/prod35907/

steve

With respect, possibly not so, mon ami. While it seems according to my addled brain to equate to an attractive £204 per ton, I donít see the magic words ENplus and there are pellets sold that donít conform. That doesnít mean they wonít burn, but they canít be used as part of the RHI scheme in boilers.
 If they are up to spec, then a bargain indeed!

Chs
bxman

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »

I am with Ebico ( ebico zero)  no standing charge.

I got a letter yesterday notifying a vat inclusive increase from the 1st March 
 with E7 going from 7.17p   to 7.60p
and the day rate goes to 20.8p

midlands area
Westie

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 06:13:38 PM »

how much is it in UK.
all supemarkets over here sell it by the bag or will deliver pallets direct.
B&Q owned bricodepot has 1300 bags in stock, is this expensive?
https://www.bricodepot.fr/alencon-arconnay/granules-de-bois-15kg/prod41784/

Not sure what EN rating those are but at £3 per 15kg bag  (about £200/Tonne) I think I'll switch the booze run  in favour of the pellet run, a 15kg bag of animal bedding has gone up to £4 here.

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
eabadger

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 06:34:47 PM »

NF (norm France) should comply with eu regs.
but leroy merlin also state enplus.
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/granules-de-bois-en-sac-15-kg-e1401394855
at a similar price.
given commitment here to reforestation and amount or land covered by trees i see why cheeper.
from what i understand it is now mandatory to have at least one renewabkle heat source in every new build.
but heating water they still stick to electric, very rare gas or oil, cyliders with coils are not the norm at all, maybe given name, Tampon.
they stick with electric ballons, cylinders.

steve

1600w PV main array at 24v, excide 2v 1000a forklift cells now x 2, 320w PV secondary array at 12v. Enfield 1944 ex RAF 5.6kw diesel genset (now in pieces, big ends gone), Petter AC1 28v diesel charging set at 2.8kw.
1kw wind turbine.
26kw wood stove back boiler to underfloor heating and dhw
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: