navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGE 96V in, 230V 3kVA off grid inverter  (Read 3259 times)
jonesy

« on: February 10, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »

Free to a good home. A MGE 3kVA dual conversion UPS. Takes 8 x 7Ah dryfit ie 96V nominal, but readily converted to any battery Ah size. This one was given to me as working, but I've never tested it.
Originally intended to protect computers etc, it serves as an off grid inverter. It starts by turning on the battery breaker.
Collect from Reading, Caversham, preferably on 21/22 Feb.
This is a twin (came from the same person/factory) of one that lives with me in SW France (Tarbes 65000). That one is up for grabs too. It's had the battery terminals brought out, and works well. I used it mainly for larger motor loads like grinders, and the washing machine.
I may also have in the UK a quantity of battery links, earth cable ~16mm/10m, lengths of SWA (~10m/2.5mm) and a 48V/10 or 20A charger. Waterside DX500 water softener, tow bar bike rack. Memory isn't so reliable these days. I can let you know on 21st Feb.
Don't be shy. They are going to the tip !

1.1kWp PV & SB1700. 7kW log burner.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »

That is very good of you Jonsey,
                               This is a good chance for some one to go up the voltage. There are 96v Chinese W/T controllers available to match this ups.
   Two 48v forklift packs in series would be just the job. I had to find a 48v and a 72v pack to make up the bank for my 120vdc system.
 96vdc travels well,,captures well and can deliver good power effortlessly .
  During the summer months when we have plenty of sun, i run our lecky lawn mower of a similar 2.8kw ups. You would not even hear it complain while my poor 2kw Chinese inverters would have the fans full on.
       Biff
    And it is posh sine wave as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:22:11 PM by biff » Logged

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: