navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this correct?  (Read 1714 times)
titan

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

It could also explain the low COP assigned to the heat pump figure as areas such as the southwest can see very low temperatures over the winter that will result in a Heat Pump being a very poor solution.

That must be why they are so popular in Scandanavia ?

I posted a link upthread that gives all the data to compare fuel sources.
BruceB

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »

I would say the table is not correct for UK.  Here, oil is the cheapest since the price fell about half.  Here are the figures from Jun 16 from Renewable Energy Installer.

titan

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 02:36:23 PM »

I would say the table is not correct for UK.  Here, oil is the cheapest since the price fell about half.  Here are the figures from Jun 16 from Renewable Energy Installer.

Your screenshot gets it's data from the source I posted at the top of the tread The Nottingham Energy Trust.  It is the best source of comparison data between different fuels is updated monthly and been going for years.
BruceB

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 03:36:46 PM »

I am surprised kero is as much as 85 cents a litre in the original post.
brackwell

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »

I was very surprised to see the low cost of oil except this site has it at 50p/l  https://www.boilerjuice.com/heating-oil-prices/
gb484

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »

The French government in their infinite wisdom increased the tax on heating oil on the 1st Jan 2018 by 45 euros on a 1,000 litre delivery despite the fact that more than 4 million French households have an oil boiler (compared to less than half that number in UK): https://www.fioulreduc.com/blog/hausse-taxe-fioul-ticpe-janvier-2018. Current price is between 80 and 85 cents after reaching around 87 cents earlier in the year, depends on quantity and area.
Energy costs for various fuels in 2017, note that heating oil, fioul, is already more expensive than wood and gas before the increase: https://www.mychauffage.com/blog/cout-des-energies-chauffage. LPG or GPL in France is the second most expensive after electricity.
RIT

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »

It could also explain the low COP assigned to the heat pump figure as areas such as the southwest can see very low temperatures over the winter that will result in a Heat Pump being a very poor solution.

That must be why they are so popular in Scandanavia ?

I posted a link upthread that gives all the data to compare fuel sources.

Well for Norway I think HPs are the primary focus as 99% of their electricity is from Hyro, so making heating by HP zero emission. As part of this they are banning fuel oil for heating projects.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Philip R

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 12:56:59 AM »

Brousing the enclosed document in French, I see that they apply vat to the kero at 20%, in the UK it is 5%.
Then the bar stewards  have applied a further 4.5 eurocents per litre. That is like another3-4% on the price, a bit like our excise duty on road fuels.

What was the reason, the punish those who live in the countryside.
Has French diesel duty gone up relative to petrol, I doubt it. Just clobber the minority.
Oil space heating is far better than switching on another electric heater and thus make edf purchase generate peak load using coal and heavy fuel oil.
Philip R

PS I thought the French government used more joined up thinking than hmg does here!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: