navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge pulleys  (Read 960 times)
guydewdney

« on: February 27, 2018, 07:33:05 AM »

Spa 800 X 6
Spa 250 X 6

Well over 300 quids worth. Hardly used. Collect or pallet from TA24 8HJ

Sensible offer accepted.

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »

I would like to thank you again, for the pulley that you sent me Guy,
                                    I got a good result with it and could not have got a better one for the job.
 I also got to learn about taperlocks and pillowblocks. I learned how to work out the ratio of the engine pully and have the PMG cruising at 375rpm with the engine running @1500rpm.
  So if any member is reading this and has an interest in building a high voltage DC charger, Guy,s pulleys would be a fantastic start.
 My Pulley was 500mm x 2 and i used the second V to drive an alternator which charged @ 12v for the starter battery but better still was also a equalising force or opposing force on the big PMC bearing because the alternator was located on the opposite side of the PMG to the engine.
  So have a think members,,especially if you are off-grid. Guy,s pulleys would be ideal for a 3 to 5 kw PMG. You could not go wrong . Mine cruises initially @ 140-4 x 12amp and then 150v x 9amp after 100minutes. It also runs the house during that time. The battery is old and tired but still gives a further 4 hours service before falling down to 124vdc. The bottom line is....It is an absolute miser on diesel.
  So Paul,,If you have a big spare Proven lump,,  Or anyone with a big Y/S 3kw or 5kw              .........  You are talking massive saving on diesel and permanently connected ,,with no need for silly transfer switches ect... Brilliant.
                             Biff
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:32:43 AM by biff » Logged

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: