navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Growatt SP2000  (Read 2107 times)
pj

Nom de Plume

« on: March 03, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »

I know there's quite some interest in these, there's one on Fleabay at the moment...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-and-Inverter/132513807700

I think the title of the item has made it hard to find.

I'm not involved in this in anyway, just thought others may be interested.
Westie

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 02:35:37 PM »

Strange that so many used SP2000's pop up on fleabay??

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
Tinbum

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 02:39:58 PM »

Yes, I've been wondering why. Huh

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3 x Sunny Backup 5048, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, Atmos wood gasification boiler, Brosley wood burner, 2000lt buffer tank and 250lt DHW
linesrg

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »

Good Afternoon All,

Possibly because people are't seeing the batteries charged regularly throughout the year? I still don't know how my system will pan out as the Immersun diverts up to the first 2.9kW (after the house background consumption) to the immersion in the heat store so I don't know how far in to the year I'll go before I see there being 'excess' energy to actually charge the battery.

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
nowty

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »

I know there's quite some interest in these, there's one on Fleabay at the moment...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-and-Inverter/132513807700

I think the title of the item has made it hard to find.

I'm not involved in this in anyway, just thought others may be interested.

Thanks for the heads up, nice find, I had not noticed it. genuflect

Auction ending at 7:38am, so set the alarm for 7:25am on a Sunday. wackoold

Crawl out of bed, start up computer, does not boot and get a diagnostic screen checking my disk drive. banghead

Got it working with a couple of mins to go, other half wondering why I got up so early. whistlie

Did the usual, don't bid until 2 seconds till the end with a max your willing to pay bid ready to go, won my 6th growatt, this one at less that quarter of new price. Why people bid minutes, hours or even days before end is beyond me. facepalm

Visit cashpoint, on the road by 9am, "I'm just nipping out dear, will be back in about 5 hours". stir

As I suspected, battery unit had red light, hmmmmmm, but as I only want battery modules from it, should be OK. chocolateteapot

Arrived home at 2pm, stripped batteries out, voltage of each cell at 3.3v, suggesting SOC at 10%. One is unbalanced @ 3.9v.

Batteries getting a small charge and some cell balance treatment. ballspin

Several hours later all cells at 3.51v (SOC 40%),  I will install them in my Sunny Island setup tomorrow. fingers crossed!

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
fourfootfarm

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 08:45:39 PM »

Because some people don't notice them. Or want to be awake at 7.30 on a sunday morning!

Outback FM60. EPsolar 30a MPPT and a bunch of Tristar 45's. Hodge Podge of solar ~ 4500w. Various generators and 1000ah 24v forklift battery.

Turkish Turnip
rogeriko

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »

Theres 2 more there for around 700 buy it now, if you want to buy more!!

nowty

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »

I now have enough for my needs, but I was thinking earlier, the last two I bought have worked out at little more than 100 per kWh, that's cheaper than the usable kWh of lead acid without the gasses, acid, topping up, keeping them fully charged, lower efficiency, etc, etc.

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
Mike123

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »

I think the reason for them being on sale is two-fold

1. A lot of people have these installed in their loft space. If there is a power outage for (erm...) 10 minutes or so, then the battery will shut down and need a manual turn-on. Many of the users don't know that, so their unit sits there not working, and them wondering why. If the battery sits uncharged for too long then you can end up the solid red LED issue. Other makes can be remotely monitored from a central station over the internet, so the user can be alerted to any issues if they arise, so people are being "upgraded" and given a trade-in for their SP2000

2. I'm told the earlier firmware models don't charge the battery so well during winter months, again leading to a sold red LED. Growatt come and visit and upgrade the firmware for the user

Fionn

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 03:07:42 PM »

I now have enough for my needs, but I was thinking earlier, the last two I bought have worked out at little more than 100 per kWh, that's cheaper than the usable kWh of lead acid without the gasses, acid, topping up, keeping them fully charged, lower efficiency, etc, etc.

You could surely sell off your spare main units and BMS boards now to further reduce your cost per kWh, I might even be interested in one myself!

PV - 2.75kW East, 1.5kW South, 2.5kW West. 3 x Flat Plate Solar Thermal with side arm FPHE on 268L cylinder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: