navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moral / legal question  (Read 9193 times)
Justme

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »

Are they not road based tax exempt?

No they just pay Vehicle Excise Duty at the band A rate which is 0. Using exemption from Vehicle Excise Duty "as a rule" would mean that you could use red diesel in a 40+ year old classic car as they are 'exempt', rather than banded.

The genny is not powering the vehicle on the road.

As i said that's why our laws depend on the courts and legal system, it constantly is updated by court cases to take into account changes such as this. Just try and not be the poor person who ends up being the test case Sad

You miss understood.

I mean on the fuel not the RFL.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:37:48 PM by Justme » Logged

Navitron solar thermal system
30 x 58mm panel 259L TS
1200watts solar 120vdc
FX80 Solar controller
Victron 12v 3000w 120a
6kva genny
6 x 2v cells 1550amp/h 5C
24 x 2v cells 700amp/h 5C
Total bank 4350 amp/h 5C
Justme

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »

The number plate on that trailer doesn't look like its a UK registration to me - in which case all concern about red diesel and  the road tax is probably irrelevant.  Many off griders appear to have a backup generator just in case so it really can't be considered any differenty. But what about the vehicle towing the trailer with the generator, that doesn't look like a EV to me (though I am no expert on the differnt models) - so dd it use dino juice just to get the genny to the EV???

We are not talking about the vehicle in the pic.

It was just what prompted the question.

Navitron solar thermal system
30 x 58mm panel 259L TS
1200watts solar 120vdc
FX80 Solar controller
Victron 12v 3000w 120a
6kva genny
6 x 2v cells 1550amp/h 5C
24 x 2v cells 700amp/h 5C
Total bank 4350 amp/h 5C
dan_b

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »

Why is this thread pinned to the top?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Philip R

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 04:55:03 PM »

I would say the little beemer has a German reg plate. . the trailer on left could be German or Swedish, judging by Number plate format and colour.

I would have expected the Germans to be good honest Europeans and not use red diesel to power the EV Charger angel

Philip R

(Similar argument a while back regarding Reefer trailer, with their diesel refridgerators running on red diesel as opposed to non rebated white diesel.)
RIT

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »

Could this be un-pinned?

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
sunandwindy

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 07:37:28 PM »

Nickel2 came up with a cracking idea of rescuing flat ev's.

The main reason why EV run out of power is not through human error, but down to the poor state of existing charge points/infrastructure as they're poorly maintained and out of order for months.

Charging stations also get blocked by ICE car's, inconsiderate hybrid owners and some EV drivers who leave their cars all day in charging bays not plugged in or long after elapsed charging.

I don't know about other makes, but Nissan Leaf's are supported by Nissan, in that if they breakdown or run out of charge, Nissan will pick them up and take the car to the nearest working charger or Nissan workshop with no rescue charge.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: