navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: smart phones ??  (Read 3507 times)
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »

Sounds good Andy!  Grin . Have you tried the new 3T and 4T coverage? I've heard you 'can' do conference calls...  tomatosplat

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
camillitech

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »

Sounds good Andy!  Grin . Have you tried the new 3T and 4T coverage? I've heard you 'can' do conference calls...  tomatosplat

hysteria   hysteria  hysteria

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
offthegridandy

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »

Wow 3T and 4T, trouble is I don't know enough people to fully utilise this (40). Or  could I set one up to monitor the sheep and check on the Lambda readings!

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array permanently ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
0.75 Kw wind turbine H Piggot design 2.4 Mtr Dia
12 Mtr lattice Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 Kw WBS
TheFairway
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »

New feature in iOS 11.3 just released is a beta battery health check.

My 3 1/2 year old iPhone 6  gets used as a hot spot plugged in for long periods quite a few times each year. Not reporting any issues but it is beta.

Quakered

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12:06 AM »

I think Smart phones are the greatest advance ever in consumer products. Itís a phone, a messager, an emailer, a diary (auto share with wife!), contacts and now a wallet with Apple Pay. I last drew cash from the bank in November last year. It is a sat nav when driving, walking, sailing everywhere in the world.   When travelling it holds the airline tickets and hotel bookings. 4G is wonderful. I can control and monitor the household heating remotely as well as the PV and battery. At the shallower end, I can also set the TV recorder to ensure I donít miss some nonsense on the box!

Those still using 2G need to recognise that it is likely to be withdrawn in the near future to free up the bandwidth for new uses. It has already been withdrawn in Singapore.

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford
Countrypaul

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »

Too many people, imho, haven't thought through the consequences of keeping so much information on their smart phone without adequately catering for the consequences of losing it or worse having it stolen.  When was the last time most users carried out a restore of their backup to a different phone to understand the results of what loss of thiers might cause?

They are deinitely a good invention, but as with many inventions it is likely to take some time before the disadvantages also become clear.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »

Modern technology has it's price,
         Faceblock did not just entrap it's members, it also entrapped their  friends..As long as you remember , that your new modern smart phone betrays your every movement and contact,, be it good or bad and that all those close , private family conversation are now the property of  foreign entities, who can use, du use, and will continue to use the information stoered on the said smart phones against your democratically elected government.and yourselves.
 This just means that we have to be  smarter and more determined  than ever before..
 We are.now turning I to  a human / honey bee Hybrid ,, with our thoughts and emotions being sensed and directed by a central transmission point. Rational being replaced by . emotions or mood transmission. Just like the honey.bee but without the honey.

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »

I carry one and happily admit it is a clever piece of kit.
It rang the other day, by the time I had fumbled it out of my zipped pocket. Squinted at the screen without reading specs found the right button. Remembered to slide the green button left or was it right? The caller was gone. Got back to the car donned reading glasses dialed the messagerie and listened. It was Mrs T. Asking me to pick up a cauliflower on the way home!

Oh well. surrender
camillitech

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »

I look at all my friends with envy at all the wonderful things they can do that I can't and wonder how I ever get through life without one. Then methinks to myself, well I don't fly, catch the bus or stay in hotels cos I'm perfectly happy at home. I don't need to turn the heating on or off cos the house is so well insulated we leave it on all the time. The 'prat nav' I have in the car is large enough to actually see, the plotter in my boat has 10" screen is waterproof and has buttons instead of a feckin useless touch screen. The small phone I do have seems to work where all my mate's 'smart' ones don't, fits in the smallest pocket and I aint worried about breaking or losing it every time I sit down, bend down or lean over something. I've a SIM only contract for buttons and can even replace the battery. Sure they're great things, just not for someone who's hands are permanently, wet, grubby, oily and often all three at once. The quality of the pictures they can take never ceases to amaze me, I just don't 'need' to do all those 'cool' things. Perhaps I'll get another of my son's 'cast offs' and try again one day.

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2018, 10:50:23 PM »

I look at all my friends with envy at all the wonderful things they can do that I can't and wonder how I ever get through life without one. Then methinks to myself, well I don't fly, catch the bus or stay in hotels cos I'm perfectly happy at home. I don't need to turn the heating on or off cos the house is so well insulated we leave it on all the time. The 'prat nav' I have in the car is large enough to actually see, the plotter in my boat has 10" screen is waterproof and has buttons instead of a feckin useless touch screen. The small phone I do have seems to work where all my mate's 'smart' ones don't, fits in the smallest pocket and I aint worried about breaking or losing it every time I sit down, bend down or lean over something. I've a SIM only contract for buttons and can even replace the battery. Sure they're great things, just not for someone who's hands are permanently, wet, grubby, oily and often all three at once. The quality of the pictures they can take never ceases to amaze me, I just don't 'need' to do all those 'cool' things. Perhaps I'll get another of my son's 'cast offs' and try again one day.

Ha ha,

same as that Paul, I still use an A to Z with nearly all the pages still in it and a 9 year old dumfone, I can actually talk to people who are somewhere else..................who'da thought. Everything else can wait.........

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: