navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery Acid - new legislation.  (Read 1256 times)
supremetwo

« on: April 03, 2018, 10:25:13 PM »

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/451/regulation/2/made

The Poisons Act 1972 (Explosives Precursors) (Amendment) Regulations 201

Citation, commencement and interpretation
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Poisons Act 1972 (Explosives Precursors) (Amendment) Regulations 2018.

(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), these Regulations come into force on 1st May 2018.

(3) Regulation 2(1) and (2)(a) comes into force on 1st July 2018 for the purposes of—

(a)the offence, by virtue of section 3(1) and (2)(a) of the Act, of importing a regulated substance(1);
(b)the offence, by virtue of section 3(1) and (2)(b) of the Act, of acquiring a regulated substance, and
(c)the offences under section 3A(1), (3) and (4) of the Act, relating to supply of regulated substances(2).

(4) Regulation 2(1) and (2)(a) comes into force on 1st November 2018 for the purposes of—

(a)the offence, by virtue of section 3(1) and (2)(c) of the Act, of possessing a regulated substance, and
(b)the offence, by virtue of section 3(1) and (2)(d) of the Act, of using a regulated substance.
(5) In these Regulations, “the Act” means the Poisons Act 1972.

Amendments to Schedule 1A to the Act

2.—(1) In Part 1 of Schedule 1A to the Act (regulated explosives precursors)(1)—

(a)in column 1 of the table, at the end, insert—
“Sulfuric acid (CAS RN 7664-93-9)”;
(b)in column 2 of the table, at the end, insert—
“15% w/w”.

More here:-
https://apcpure.com/product/sulphuric_acid_32_battery_acid

It is now a criminal offence to attempt to purchase or to possess this product without holding a license.
Sales to Limited Companies are not affected.

The 15% w/w is a lower strength than before and could affect those of you that have lead/acid.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:27:50 PM by supremetwo » Logged

RIT

South West London

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:43:00 AM »

A better understanding of the new rules and the process needed to be allowed to purchase Sulfuric acid can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/licensing-for-home-users-of-explosives-precursors/licensing-for-home-users-of-poisons-and-explosive-precursors

So it is now an offence for a member of the public to acquire or import Sulfuric acid without holding a valid EPP licence issued by the Home Office. I guess all car owners now need to get a licence before they purchase their next car or car battery. Let alone anyone with a large set of traction batteries.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
linesrg

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 05:46:08 AM »

Good Morning All,

A fair number of batteries which I've purchased in the past for bench use testing desulfators have been ordered and supplied dry with the acid added when required by me as the end user.

Batteries I've bought for my tracker have been supplied dry with acid separate.

I purchase dry period batteries for my classic vehicles.

I'm glad I am a limited company as this should allow me to 'bypass' the legislation?Huh

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: