navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need to find a MCS Certificate number what do they look like  (Read 1786 times)
mpooley

« on: April 05, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »

Sounds a daft question I know but my Nephew has bought a house with ASHP and needs to find his MCS Certificate number to get the Feed in Tariff.
I'm looking for this number in the paperwork he was given and I can't find it.

It would help if I knew the format of the number as I have a list of numbers on an old email but not sure if any of them is the MCS Certificate number.
I suspect two numbers on this email might be it.
one  starts with RHI MID ******        and the other one  which is a six digit number with A in front as in A******

we are unable to contact the original installers at the moment.

Thanks

Mike

It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” Richard Feynman
linesrg

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »

Mike,

The two I have are in the form MCS - ********-I and MCS - ********-M.

Regards

Richard

16 BP380 on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000/SB1700, 16 Chinese 80W/SB1700, 16 BP380/SMA SB1700. CTC GSi12 + Ecosol + Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3 Navitron 4720AL solar ET panels and Immersun T1060/ T1070/ T1090. 7 Tianwei 235W/ Aurora PVI 3.6kW/ Growatt SP2000 c/w 5kWhr battery and a Renault Zoe
marshman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 01:51:38 PM »

As Richard says the MCS certificate no. is in the form MCS-nnnnnnnn-a    where n is a digit 0-9 and a is a letter.

I have 4 MCS certs, 1 for RHI and 3 for PV FiTs. The  MCS no. is in the same format on all, the letter at the end of the number is different in each case, it is -I on the RHI but the 3 PV ones are all different.

YOu could always ring the Gemserv helpdesk (they administer the scheme)   tel no.  0207 090 1082

website here:

https://certificate.microgenerationcertification.org/public/contact.aspx

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
mpooley

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:59:42 PM »

Ah Thanks to you both I'll give them a ring and see what they say
Thanks again

Mike

It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” Richard Feynman
marshman

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »

Sounds a daft question I know but my Nephew has bought a house with ASHP and needs to find his MCS Certificate number to get the Feed in Tariff.
I'm looking for this number in the paperwork he was given and I can't find it.

It would help if I knew the format of the number as I have a list of numbers on an old email but not sure if any of them is the MCS Certificate number.
I suspect two numbers on this email might be it.
one  starts with RHI MID ******        and the other one  which is a six digit number with A in front as in A******

we are unable to contact the original installers at the moment.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Just looked at my RHI.  It is all done online.  It is the RHI you claim for and not FITS - same thing really but different system for claiming. The "MID" no. is the "Membership Number" and the "A" no. is the RHI No. - a bit like the FIT no. for PV installs.

You log into your RHI section here:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/domestic-renewable-heat-incentive

But obviously you will need the log in details. I assume the ASHP was installed under the RHI and the previous owner was claiming it? If so the payment will need to be transferred.

Once set up you automatically get the payment into your bank account at quarterly intervals. You also have to do an annual declaration. As I said all of mine is online and email.

Hope that helps a bit.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: