navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New install  (Read 1933 times)
Tinbum

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 09:16:17 AM »

Embarrassed

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3 x Sunny Backup 5048, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, Atmos wood gasification boiler, Brosley wood burner, 2000lt buffer tank and 250lt DHW
pantsmachine

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 10:57:38 PM »

Good advice on VAT lads, Thank you. I'll pay the 20% and run them through the accountant and see how we go. I'd rather risk the financial hit than have to keep dealing with the installer again. They taste of 1980's double glazing sales.

I am blowing out the original installer as they have been horrendous communicators since they made a mess of the battery install and the  sh*tfan They broke two confirmed battery install dates one without notice and left me sitting like a  whistlie at the house. Their fitter was in North Wales when i phoned to inquire as to his arrival time at our house in NE Scotland! I learned many years ago that when you have dirt on your shoe its best to wipe it off as fast as possible and just move on. Smiley

On the upside, it feels good to be moving on and taking control of the battery install. I detest waiting for someone else to perform and then they don't! My wife is in Singapore at the moment so empty unless the kids go round and the house is running on 4kwh per day and zero gas. Two fridges, two freezers and a hot tub cleaning cycle each day. The system has cranked out 968 kwh since 8th June. This Summer has been a great time to see solar in action for the 1st time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:29:25 AM by pantsmachine » Logged

5.12 kw PV system with Solaredge
7.2 kw Pylon tech battery storage (Almost)
Solar I boost
200 ltr OSO system tank
Chofu fired hot tub
Masanobu Fukuoka inspired veg garden & fruit trees.
Thousands of flowers for bees.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: