navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Electric Taxis on the road  (Read 4175 times)
Mudman

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »

chatted to an electric cabbie last month and he loved it apart from the pure electic range being so low. said that for a fast charge in town he'd need to pay for being in a multistorey car park so that was not worth it yet. he also said that about a third of all black cabs are this model now- seems more than i see (though i see a lot).
meanwhile this afternoon i was behind a toyota taxi- which was a fuel cell model (mira?) owned by green tomato cars. ineresting...
dan_b

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2019, 01:12:38 PM »

Latest figures for LEVC sales show that there are now just over 1000 EV Black Cabs plugging away in London. So no way near 1/3 (London Black Cab Fleet is approximately 20,000), but certainly going in the right direction.

LEVC is also saying they're delivering to Taxi drivers in several other UK cities including Birmingham, and they're now exporting to Germany and Holland. Apparently Paris is the next market they're hoping will type approve the vehicle.

I do wonder how long until they increase the size of the battery pack - it's certainly the main criticism I've heard from the couple of drivers I've spoken to now , and something I mooted before launch that if the battery is considered too small it will only serve to negatively reinforce the idea that BEVs don't work.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: