navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla opens its 10,000th Supercharger  (Read 466 times)
dan_b

« on: June 13, 2018, 09:54:56 AM »

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/12/tesla-opens-10000th-supercharger/

Pretty sure this gives Tesla a bit of a significant point of difference over the other so-called EV manufacturers, no?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
phoooby

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:04:41 AM »

No. They will go to the wall shortly, just cut the workforce by 9%.  Smiley

6kw WBS, Nissan Leaf 24 (gone), Tesla Model S, Nissan env-200.
dan_b

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »

Holding a short position on Tesla stock then are we?!

4kW PowerVault Battery
phoooby

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:04 PM »

Hardly, I am an owner so don't want an expensive paper weight on the drive (if it breaks and no one can fix it). All the FUD about Tesla spread by the media amuses me. The media happily ignore the incumbents in the market despite the issues they are currently going through, ie. Porsche stopping sales in Europe until the end of the year.

American protectionism is often criticised, especially with the trade war that Mr T is starting. How about VW buy back and compensate European owners to the same extent that they were forced to in the USA ?. Oh no, we cant have that, VW would be bankrupt. Best protect the lying toerags. European owners can drive about in tainted poison box cars, polluting the towns and killing people. We can give VW a slap on the wrist and let the dust settle. Im not a VW owner either but my Dad is and they way they have treated him is shoddy to say the least.

M

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »

Holding a short position on Tesla stock then are we?!

The share price has shot up this last week, but, and here's the funny bit, it's thought to be down to people rethinking the value of Tesla going forward based on the news. So not due to a shorts crisis pushing up the price as they rush to fill their positions. So ...... if the shorts rush hasn't started, then they are literally going to lose their shirts buying back shares to return to whomever they've rented them off to complete their position. Sorta funny, and that might sound malicious but the shorts have been spreading so much garbage about Tesla that they sorta deserve it.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
dan_b

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »

Like this you mean?!

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-tsla-shorts-2b-losses-stock-soars/

4kW PowerVault Battery
kristen

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »

How about VW buy back and compensate European owners to the same extent that they were forced to in the USA ?. Oh no, we cant have that, VW would be bankrupt. Best protect the lying toerags. European owners can drive about in tainted poison box cars, polluting the towns and killing people. We can give VW a slap on the wrist and let the dust settle. Im not a VW owner either but my Dad is and they way they have treated him is shoddy to say the least.

And I thought I was outspoken about all of this. Good Rant, Top Marks Smiley
Westie

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »

American protectionism is often criticised, especially with the trade war that Mr T is starting. How about VW buy back and compensate European owners to the same extent that they were forced to in the USA ?. Oh no, we cant have that, VW would be bankrupt. Best protect the lying toerags. European owners can drive about in tainted poison box cars, polluting the towns and killing people. We can give VW a slap on the wrist and let the dust settle. Im not a VW owner either but my Dad is and they way they have treated him is shoddy to say the least.

Just to add that is anyone who bought a new VW diesel prior to 'dieselgate' should now get registered with one of several UK law firms preparing class action lawsuits for compo. You need to register soon,
the cut off date is Oct 2018!

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
dimengineer

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 01:17:38 PM »

Just to add that is anyone who bought a new VW diesel prior to 'dieselgate' should now get registered with one of several UK law firms preparing class action lawsuits for compo. You need to register soon,

What compo? I'd have to show I've suffered a loss, and I dont think I have. The cars been fixed, and I've not noticed any drawbacks. Performance, fuel consumption - no change.
And anyway, I'm allergic to ambulance chasing lawyers. So no, not for me.
If anything, I'd sue the envionmental groups that lobbied for the diesel low CO2 thing - people were more or less bullied by the environmentalists into buying diesels.

21 tube Kloben Panel/250L Megaflow, 1.68kWp Solar PV - 7 x 240W Sanyo Panels. Morso Squirrel WBS
kristen

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »

I've only come across one and the amount of money they were seeking to get was pitiful so I didn't bother.

I'm looking for a sum equivalent to the cost of early exist from finance, and depreciation again because of early exit - and possibly diminished value. It wouldn't have covered that.

But I'll check again, and useful to know of the deadline, thanks.
Westie

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »

What compo? I'd have to show I've suffered a loss, and I dont think I have. The cars been fixed, and I've not noticed any drawbacks. Performance, fuel consumption - no change.
And anyway, I'm allergic to ambulance chasing lawyers. So no, not for me.
If anything, I'd sue the envionmental groups that lobbied for the diesel low CO2 thing - people were more or less bullied by the environmentalists into buying diesels.

New diesel sales are down 25-30%, likewise for depreciation level of those already purchased.  So your compo would bridge the gap in residual values before and after 'dieselgate'. In someways the lucky folk are VW owners as they have a case against VW, if you happen to own any other brand of diesel car the resale value is still down but there's no case against anyone.

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
dickster

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »

Stopped at Fleet services yesterday (July 1st), all being done up. 12 spanking new Tesla superchargers all lined up and ready to go.
kristen

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 11:13:51 AM »

Stopped at Fleet services yesterday (July 1st), all being done up. 12 spanking new Tesla superchargers all lined up and ready to go.

I haven't been there, is that a "change"?

There are some sites like that where Tesla did all the work and then they've sat idle for months (more than a year in some cases) waiting for way-leave/similar (greedy landlord?)

I have a note that construction started at Fleet South on 21-Sep-17 Sad

I hear Burtonwood opened at the weekend ... construction there started 22-May ... last year Sad
phoooby

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »

Northbound has been open for several months now. Southbound is not open yet as the services are still being rebuilt after the fire. Several other Supercharger sites have been turned on the the past week and Fleet northbound  seems to be anticipated soon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: